The company is going beyond traveling nurses to include lab techs, PTs, and ultrasound techniciansRead more...
$3.1B to fight COVID globally; Academy partnered with Nuance; Vida launched prescription service
Top Health News
- Vida Health, which provides a collaborative care model that provides access to practitioners including coaches, licensed therapists, registered dietitians, diabetes educators and personal trainers who help members with chronic disease management announced the launch of a new medical prescribing service, which will allow its patients to easily get the medications they need to manage their conditions.
- GE Healthcare an agreement with Alliance Medical to create a digital solution with the aim to enhance productivity within hospital radiology departments in the UK. Using advanced data analytics and AI, the companies will bring together tools to streamline daily management and enable proactive problem-solving to help prevent issues for staff and their patients.
- WHO’s COVID-19 Technology Access Pool and the Medicines Patent Pool finalized a licensing agreement with the United States National Institutes of Health for the development of several innovative therapeutics, early-stage vaccines and diagnostic tools for COVID-19. The licenses will allow manufacturers from around the world to work with MPP and C-TAP to make these technologies accessible to people living in low- and middle-income countries and help put an end to the pandemic.
- Bon Secours Mercy Health, one of the 20 largest health systems in the United States and the fifth-largest Catholic health system in the country, launched Accrete Health Partners, a digital holding company that will expand, align and synergize the organization's digital health services, investments and partnerships.
- The Health Management Academy partnered with Nuance, a Microsoft company, to launch The AI Collaborative, which brings together senior leaders from the nation's Leading Health Systems who are deploying these technologies in the clinical and operational settings, as well as planning for future use-cases. The goal is to create a novel initiative around market forces and breakthrough innovations for AI and ML.
- U.S. and world leaders announced $3.1 billion in new funding for the global Covid fight. The announcement was part of the Biden administration’s second Global Covid Summit, where top officials, including Vice President Kamala Harris, appeared with global organizations, nonprofits and foreign officials working to ramp up vaccinations and expand access to therapeutics to fight the virus across the world.
- Medtronic, a medical device company, completed the acquisition of Intersect ENT, a medical technology company dedicated to advancing the treatment of ear, nose, and throat conditions
- Office Ally, a provider of electronic clearinghouse and healthcare software solutions, acquired Bluemark, a provider of specialized healthcare software for healthcare professionals and community-based organizations
- OPKO Health, a biopharmaceutical and diagnostics company, acquired ModeX Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing multi-specific immune therapies for cancer and infectious diseases
- Alira Health, a healthcare advisory and technology company, acquired RedCrow, an alternative investment platform that provides individual investors with access to healthcare startups
- ScreenPro Security, a screening and medical technology company, completed the acquisition of Naturevan Nutrition, a corporation focused on the health and wellness industry
- Brainlab, a digital medical technology company, acquired the majority of medPhoton GmbH, a company that develops and manufactures robotic imaging solutions for image guided radiation therapy and surgery
- Civica, an IT-based services partner in digital solutions, software applications, and managed services, acquired Canadian healthcare technology provider Momentum Healthware
- Med-Metrix, a provider of technology-enabled, Revenue Cycle Management solutions, acquired PatientPal, a provider of patient engagement, front-end RCM software solutions
- Korrus, a company in the field of Human Light Interaction, acquired Circadian ZircLight, developer of Zirc LEDs, light engines, controls and light fixtures
- Health Catalyst, a provider of data and analytics technology and services to healthcare organizations, acquired ARMUS Corporation, a clinical registry development and data management technology company
- ScionHealth, provider of patient-centered acute and post-acute hospital solutions, entered into a definitive agreement for to acquire Cornerstone Healthcare Group, which operates 18 specialty hospitals nationwide that provide high-quality care for patients in need of longer medical stays
- Reveleer, a platform empowering data-driven healthcare solutions for health plans and payers, acquired Dynamic Healthcare Systems, a company that offers an integrated workflow platform for member management, revenue optimization and risk management solutions
- Cortexyme, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients diagnosed with degenerative diseases, entered into an agreement to acquire Novosteo, a biotech company focused on targeted therapeutics to treat rare skeletal diseases, bone cancer and injury
- ArisGlobal, a drug safety solution, acquired Boehringer Ingelheim's digital innovation, BRASS, a software solution designed to support causal analysis of drug safety data
- Stem cell collection company Anja Health raised $4.5 million
- Healthcare price transparency platform Turquoise Health raised $20 million
- AcuityMD raises $31 million to make data from medical devices actionable
- BlueWind Medical, developer of an implantable tibial neuromodulation device for the treatment of urgency incontinence, raised $64 million
- Fertility startup Hannah Life Technologies raised $5.15 million
- Legacy, a digital fertility clinic for people with sperm, raised $25 million
- Weimei Health, provider of intelligent solutions for the medical information industry, raised $20 million
- MedznMore, a Pakistani online pharmacy, raised more than $11.5 million
- Mahmee, a maternal healthcare startup, raised $9.2 million
- Osmind, a public benefit corporation helping clinicians and researchers advance new life-saving mental health treatments, raised $40 million
- FleetNurse, a mobile application and platform for on-demand healthcare staffing, raised an undisclosed amount of funding
- Handspring Health, a provider of behavioral health care for kids, raised $6.2 million
- Fosanis, the developer of Mika, a prescription DTx for all oncological indications, raised more than €10 million
- Ordinary Folk, a Singaporean digital health startup that runs telehealth platforms Noah, an online healthcare service dedicated to men, and Zoey, which focuses on women's sexual wellness, fertility, mental health and wellbeing, raised $5 million
- evolvedMD, a provider of Psychiatric Collaborative Care Management services in primary care, raised $5.4 million
- Reverence, a digital health company reinventing how in-home care is managed, raised $9.5 million
- SimpliFed, a telehealth platform dedicated to democratizing access to baby feeding services, raised $6 million
- Ceryx Medical, a start-up developing bioelectronic technology that can mimic nerve centres to control autonomic or rhythmical processes in the human body, raised £3.8 million
- PatientIQ, a healthcare technology company deriving actionable insights from patient outcomes data at scale, raised $20 million
- Brightseed, a biosciences company and creator of Forager, a computational platform that illuminates the connections between nature and human health, raised $68 million
- FlexifyMe, a platform for helping reverse chronic illnesses and stress in a natural way, raised $300,000
- OncoHost, a developer of precision oncology for improved personalized cancer therapy, raised $35 million
- Aspen Neuroscience, a company developing autologous cell therapies, including the first iPSC-derived autologous neuron replacement treatment for Parkinson’s disease, raised $147.5 million
- 52 North Health, a Remote cancer care device startup, raised £1 million
- Therapixel, developer of an artificial intelligence software reading aid for mammography, raised €15 million
- GERMITEC, a designer of UV-C disinfection systems for ultrasound probes, raised €11 million
(Image source: piqsels.com)
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Trends and news" series
June 27, 2022
June 23, 2022
Learn How to Become a Successful Forex TraderRead more...
June 23, 2022
Nearly 50 million Americans had their protected health information breached in 2021Read more...