The company wants to make family caregiving coordination as common as paternity and maternity leaveRead more...
CDC says 98% of the country doesn't need masks; Walgreens and Labcorp offer free COVID tests
Top Health News
- Cionic's wearable for people with mobility issues received FDA clearance which allow the company to bring the product to market. The company is initially focusing on people with issues due to MS, cerebral palsy, and stroke.
- AWS launched its first Healthcare Accelerator in the UK with 12 participants: Dignio, Sapien Health, Dr Julian, WYSA, DDM Health, PEP Health, Remedy Rx, Birdie, Infinity Health, Abtrace, C the Signs, and Thymia.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that around 98% of the U.S. population live in locations where COVID-19 levels are low enough that people no longer need to wear masks indoors
- Walgreens and Labcorp announced the nationwide availability of Pixel by Labcorp COVID-19 at-home collection kits at no cost to individuals who meet clinical guidelines.
- Google Health unveiled Care Studio, a clinical software that harmonizes healthcare data from different sources to give clinicians a comprehensive view of a patient’s records.
- GoodRx, a platform for tracking prescription drug prices, entered into a definitive agreement to acquire vitaCare Prescription Services, a platform that helps patients navigate access and adherence barriers for brand medications, from TherapeuticsMD
- Consensus Cloud Solutions, a provider of digital cloud fax technology, acquired Summit Healthcare, a medical center specializing in cancer treatment, diagnostic imaging, and wound care
- SentryHealth, an integrated health management company, merged with Wellview, a digital population health platform
- Omega Healthcare, a healthcare management solutions partner, acquired Reventics, a clinical documentation improvement and revenue cycle management solutions provider
- M&B Sciences Inc, a clinical research organization, acquired Clara Health, a company dedicated to using technology to increase access to clinical trials
- Futuris Company, a Human Capital Management company focused on areas such as staffing, consulting and tech services, acquired Affordable Rehab Services, a provider of therapy staffing services
- Sandoz, a generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars company, acquired medical and drug delivery device development company Coalesce
- Emmes, a clinical research organization dedicated to supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation, acquired Casimir, A U.S.-based CRO
- MCRA, a medical device focused regulatory advisory firm and clinical research organization, acquired Vorpal Technologies K.K., a virtual subsidiary that enables international MedTech innovators to enter the Japanese market
- symplr, an enterprise healthcare operations company, entered into an agreement to acquire GreenLight Medical, a provider of healthcare supply chain management software
- Veristat, a global clinical research organization, acquired Solutions for Life Sciences,a consultancy that provides integrated solutions to pharma, biotech and medtech companies
- Nice Healthcare raised $30 million to bring better primary care to SMB employees
- Homeward launched with $20 million to create greater access to rural healthcare
- Legion Health, a B2B mental health marketplace, raised $2 million
- Big Bold Health, a platform company providing immune health solutions, raised $4 million
- Avant-garde Health, an analytics platform for surgical and procedure-based care areas, launched with $12 million
- Flume Health, a Health-Plan-as-a-Service platform that simplifies the design and management of healthcare plans, raised $30 million
- DNAnexus, a provider of cloud-based biomedical data analysis software, raised $200 million
- Credo, which digitizes and automates medical and claims record retrieval through RPA, launched with $3 million
- Forma, a life benefits platform that allows companies to design benefits programs with options that fit employees’ lives, from health and wellbeing, raised $40 million
- Jio Health, a company building an omnichannel healthcare "ecosystem" for consumers, raised $20 million
- Respiree, developers of a cardiopulmonary sensors that are integrated into a virtual care platform, raised $3.4 million
- MDisrupt, a digital health intelligence company, raised $6 million
- Rocket Health, a telemedicine and last-mile healthcare provider headquartered in Uganda, raised $5 million
- Health Gorilla, a company that assists digital health companies with accessing clinical data, raised $50 million
- Colossal Biosciences, which is developing new technologies to advance the fields of de-extinction, species preservation and human healthcare through genomics, raised $60 million
- Vivante Health, a digital solution for digestive health and disease, raised $16 million
Correction: we incorrectly reported that Tenzr Health had acquired Alertive Healthcare. One of the founders of Alertive has joined the advisory board of Tenzr. We apologize for this error.
(Image source: free-vectors.net)
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Trends and news" series
Digital health news, funding roundup in the prior week; May 16, 2022Read more...
The platform gives them access to tools around community, education, technology, and well-beingRead more...