Check out Pascal Zutas' winning presentation on stage and the judges' feedbackRead more...
Check out Scott's presentation on stage and the judges' feedback
Among the judges were Wes Selke (Partner, Better Ventures ), Paul Willard (Partner, Subtraction Capital), Mark Goldstein (Managing Partner, Efficient Capacity), Keval Desai (Investor, Interwest) and Ben Ling (Partner, Khosla Ventures)
Thanks to our amazing top-tier Splash Spring 2016 sponsors: KPMG, Javelin Venture Partners, SAP Startup Focus Program, Bread and Butter, Kapor Center for Social Impact, Lyft, Avison Young, Tubemogul, Wendel Rosen and Dictionary.com.
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Vator Splash Startup Finalists/Winners" series
Check out Aron Rachamims' winning presentation on stage and the judges' feedbackRead more...
Check out Cory Kidds' winning presentation on stage and the judges' feedbackRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Laugh.ly is launching the first streaming app dedicated to stand-up comedy. The app not only allows listeners to stream comedy from professional comedians (such as Chris Rock and George Carlin), it allows emerging comedians to upload and publish comedy albums of their own. Laugh Radio has acquired comedic recordings of hundreds of professional comedians. We also have direct distribution deals with the largest media publishers in comedy such as Comedy Central. No other platform has the ability to capture a significant portion of the $10b comedy market. We've built a cutting-edge on-demand platform for entertainment media.
We've launched and here is a snapshot of our success:
- Selected by the Apple Store editors as one of the "New Apps We Love"
- We peaked at 10,000 downloads, now averaging 3,000 downloads a day and just hit 50,000 installs
- Average app rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars across 100+ reviews
- Overtaken Seeso and Comedy Central.com in category rankings (went up to #33)
- Ranked #1 in search terms Laugh, Standup, and Comedy
- Average listen time per day 48 minutes (compared to Pandora's 22 minutes/day)
- Day 1 retention rates are 33% without any retention marketing efforts (compared to an industry average of 20%)
- Week 1 retention rates above 50% (compared to an industry average of 30%)
- App store conversion is at 60% (compared to an industry average of 40%)
- Our push notifications have a response rate of 11% (compared to an industry average of 3.5%)
Joined Vator onI work at the intersection of product and engineering and have worked at several high tech companies from the giants to startups from Google, to my current startup Laugh.ly
Joined Vator onI started my career working as a software engineer for a biotechnology and data infrastructure startup. I transitioned to an engineering role at Microsoft, where I worked on Yammer. I studied electrical engineering at the University of Pennsylvania.