A small, focused team can accomplish an incredible amountRead more...
Always put yourself and your company out there
Vator’s community is the home to entrepreneurs who embrace their passion and follow their dreams. Our newly-designed profiles allow members to express themselves by sharing their interests, lessons learned, as well as bits and pieces of their roller-coaster journey.
These profiles give entrepreneurs an opportunity to showcase themselves and tell their story. So if you are an entrepreneur, a serial entrepreneur, or even an aspiring entrepreneur, we'd like to hear from you.
According to his VEQ Cliff is a thought leader and is good at marketing and sales management.
I am a(n):
Companies I've founded or co-founded:
Companies I've invested in:
Startups I worked for:
If you are an entrepreneur, why?
I want to change the world.
My favorite startups:
NOOCH, Dropbox, Venmo, Zong
What are the top three lessons you've learned as an entrepreneur?
- You never know. You never know who can help, who wants to help. You never know who has info/advice/money/contacts. Always put yourself and your company out there.
- You're going to fail. A lot. And be frustrated, and have unforeseen problems. Only thing you can do is expect them and roll with them with a smile.
- The vision can change. Know what you are NOT, and be able to sacrifice unnecessary parts of the original vision in order to have a successful product, not a perfect one.
Read more from our "Today's Entrepreneur" series
The art of entrepreneurship is to be able to make decisions when things are blurry and cloudyRead more...
Whatever it is that entrepreneurs are trying to sell, it’s meant to change and improve livesRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
No Wallet? No Problem!
- Ever get to the front of the line for a bar, reach for a $10 bill and realize you forgot your wallet?
- Ever had a mooching friend beg you to let them borrow "just 10 bucks" when they forgot their cash?
- Ever had to find an ATM in the middle of the night... AND pay the $4 ATM fee?
Sick of the high fees and inconvenience of PayPal, Western Union, and the Big Banks?
Then Nooch is for you.
Nooch is a revolutionary Peer-to-Peer money transfer system that is the simplest, quickest and easiest way to send money to friends!
Mobile Payments for College Students - Generation-M
Nooch is needed all the time on college campuses. 20 Million US college students live with their friends, eat with their frat-mates and attend events/parties together. Every day there are cash-only situations where Nooch would save time, money and stress.
This is not a "split-the-bill" app... Nooch is for anyone who needs cash immediately but doesn't have any. Paying back bets, buying a roommates sofa, fantasy sports, bar tabs, and IOU's are all perfect situations for Nooch!
Our technology and interface include features that were not possible even 5 years ago. Mobile computing power, social networks and Gen-M have created a perfect storm of demand for more efficient mobile commerce solutions.
Since recipients don't need an account to receive money, Nooch is viral! Senders just need their recipient's name. That's it.
Joined Vator onCliff founded Nooch while studying at Duke, where he was a peer-recognized campus leader. An athlete, Cliff is a disciplined strategist with experience managing teams and solving complex problems.