The company wants to make family caregiving coordination as common as paternity and maternity leaveRead more...
Amazon and Teladoc partner; CDC estimates 140M people had COVID; CVS Health will enter the metaverse
Top Health News
- Amazon partnered with Teladoc so patients can call their doctor through through Amazon Alexa devices, including the Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show.
- DarioHealth, a digital health solution for chronic illness, entered into a multiyear, $30 million agreement with Sanofi. This will help accelerate commercial adoption of Dario's full suite of digital therapeutics and drive the expansion of digital health solutions on the Dario platform.
The White House asked Congress to allocate $22.5 billion for its COVID-19 response efforts, with the funding primarily going toward antiviral treatments and vaccine acquisition
The CDC is estimating that 140 million Americans have had COVID, even though only 74.3 million cases have been reported as of the end of January
CVS Health filed for a trademark to sell virtual goods, NFTs and provide healthcare services in the metaverse
- Ro acquired sperm testing company Dadi
- Constellation Software completed an agreement to acquire the net assets of Allscripts’ Hospitals and Large Physician Practices business segment, including the Sunrise, Paragon, Allscripts TouchWorks, Allscripts Opal and dbMotion solutions
- Thorne HealthTech, a developer of solutions for a personalized approach to health and wellbeing, acquired Nutrativa, a company that uses high-speed printing technology to provide healthier, environmentally superior alternatives to traditional beverages and gummies via dissolvable supplement discs
- Microsoft completed its acquisition of Nuance Communications, a company that provides conversational AI and ambient intelligence company across industries including healthcare, financial services, retail and telecommunications
- Forza, a health-tech wearable innovation company, completed its acquisition of Sustainable Origins, a company that recycles used cooking oil collected from restaurants, casinos, sporting arenas and food processing plants
- CPSI, a provider of healthcare solutions and services for community hospitals, acquired Healthcare Resource Group, a provider of customized revenue cycle management solutions and consulting services for hospitals and clinics
- Tunstall Healthcare, a provider of technology to support those requiring care and health intervention to live independently in their chosen home setting, acquired BeWo Unternehmensgruppe, a provider of software solutions, services, and technology for telehealth
- Dimagi, a developer of digital tools for health workers in remote areas, acquired SureAdhere, a Video Directly Observed Therapy software company
- Civica, a global software provider, acquired clinical e-scheduling platform Malinko
- Remote patient monitoring company Curv Health raised $5.1 million
- juli, which uses AI to help patients with chronic illness, raised $3.8 million
- Health insurance startup Susu raised $1 million
- Health insurance claim assistance company ClaimBuddy raised $3 million
- SanoPass, which offers a platform for healthcare and fitness services and subscriptions, raised €3 million
- Kintsugi, a developer of smart mental healthcare infrastructure, raised $20 million
- CancerIQ, a platform powering early cancer detection and prevention, raised $14 million
- MX Labs, developer of AI-powered technology for healthcare services, raised $2 million dollars
- Specialty lab testing company Rupa Health raised $20 million
- Daybreak Health, a behavioral health startup that connects teens to therapists, raised $10 million
- Synapse Medicine, a medication intelligence platform, raised $28 million
- Exakt Health, a sports injury treatment app, raised $1.5 million
- MDClone, a healthcare data platform, raised $63 million
- Nayya Health, a benefits experience and healthcare management platform, raised $55 million
- Chefaa, an Egyptian patient-centred pharmacy benefits platform, raised an undisclosed amount of funding
(Image source: thebluediamondgallery.com)
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Trends and news" series
Digital health news, funding roundup in the prior week; May 16, 2022Read more...
The platform gives them access to tools around community, education, technology, and well-beingRead more...