How much they invest, how long the program lasts and what they offerRead more...
They include Creative3, LAUNCH Festival Sydney, CeBIT Pitchfest and Regional Pitchfest
If you're a startup seeking opportunities to get funded, educated or connected, startup competitions are a great resource.
Vator has been holding its own competitions, using VatorX, to find and filter for the best startups. We've had some very successful and notable winners in the past that have gone on to raise big funding rounds including Thumbtack, DogVacay, Pokitdok, Grovo, Udemy and Apartment List, to name a few.
Anyone can list their program as VatorX is one of the most comprehensive listing guides to startup competitions, challenges, accelerators and programs. Click here to list your program!
As part of our weekly series, we'll look at top competitions with big cash prizes, as well as competitions that have teed up the most promising startups, to finding popular startup competitions you need to know about.
Here are some of the startup competitions for entrepreneurs in Australia:
Description: "Four outstanding businesses will be selected to appear on stage and pitch before a community of investors, corporates, creative leaders, and change makers. The winner will take home a host of money-can’t-buy prizes."
Prize: The winners of Creative3 Pitch will clock up some major frequent flyer miles as they present their venture across Europe. The prize package includes flights to Denmark where the winner will represent Australia at the Creative Business Cup (CBC).
The team will then travel to London and meet an exclusive network of 25 leading entrepreneurs at the world renowned Virgin StartUp (VSU) mini accelerator program, StepUp. Over the two day intensive, the Virgin StartUp mentors will skyrocket their venture from startup to scaleup.
This prize, valued at over $30K, will also include professional legal and accounting services contributed by our partners.
Description: "This year, we are having one overall startup competition, where we will select 20 of the best startups to pitch on stage for a chance to win a $100,000 investment/invitation (pending diligence) to our accelerator in San Francisco."
Prize: The overall winner of the competition will receive a $100,000 investment & invitation to join Jason's accelerator in San Francisco.
Description: "Imagine getting your products and services in front of around 15,000 potential customers, investors or partners over three days at the region’s most significant business technology event! That’s the opportunity we offer 100 tech-focused Startup businesses."
Prize: Not specified
Previous winners: Slyp, Look Who's Charging, NetHealth
Description: "Tech23 celebrates homegrown tech with the potential to influence the future of work and productivity, the growth of our economy, our health, education, well-being and more."
- The Addisons Award for the most 'backable' team: The winner will receive $5k in cash, plus legal advice to the value of $5k to the most ‘backable’ team.
The Amazon Web Services Award: All finalists will have the opportunity to join the AWS Activate startup program, which can include $5,000 in credits, business support for a year and access to engineers and solution architects, as part of AWS' commitment to the startup community.
The AMP Amplify Award for best technology startup founded by a woman: The winner will receive $2.5k cash prize awarded to a female entrepreneur who is the builder of an innovative, ground-breaking and/or game-changing company.
Previous winners: AgriWebb, loop+, QuestaGame, Daisee
Description: "Screened Startups and screened investors come together in a social evening where investor ready projects can be pitched."
Prize: A $20,000 prize, including business mentoring and a mission to one of the world's leading technology hubs
Previous winners: weploy
Description: "If you’re a young Queenslander aged 15 to 24 and have a great entrepreneurial idea, you could win prizes to help you develop your startup idea."
Prize: Not specified
Previous winners: Micromelon
Description: "The Australian Technologies Competition seeks to identify and accelerate Australian technology 'scaleups' with the greatest global potential."
Prize: Not specified
Previous winners: Hydrox Technologies, RedEye, LiVac, SecureVote
Description: "We're looking for founders to pitch on the night who are using high growth business as a force for good. If this sounds like you or someone you know, we’d love you to get in touch."
- Private dinner with Simon Griffiths (of Who Gives a Crap) and Alison Hardacre (of HealthKit)
- Giant Leap Fund: 45 minute mentoring session with the Giant Leap team
- Academy Xi: 3 online programs to the value of $1,000 each, OR a $3,000 course credit for a part-time or full-time course
- OneRoof: A spot at the table of their dinner series partnership with Microsoft for Startups. The next dinner in November being focused within the impact space. This dinner will include a guest speaker who offers value within the industry and facilitate genuine conversation, connections, and friendships.
- Austrade: Participation in the Landing Pads program at a location of your choice (Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Shanghai)
- AWS: $5,000 AWS Credit to the winner and $1,000 AWS Credit to finalists
- Crazy Domains: 1 x hour consultation with a web expert and free comprehensive website health check, valued at $279
- Coglan Duffy & Co: 1 x hour of free legal advice
- Connect Labs: $4000 worth sales and marketing technology audit for your startup to get found, get leads and get customers
- General Assembly: $1000 credit for classes & workshops, valid for 1 year
- Law Squared: $2500 credit to use the Cubed by Law Squared platform
- Northraine: 10 hours x machine learning training and consultation
- Prime Financial: 4hours x consultation for winner and 2hours x consultation for finalists
- SendGrid: $5,000 credit to winner and $3,000 credit to finalists
- Stripe: $50,000 of volume waived of Stripe fees
- SquarePeg Capital: 30mins x consultation with the team
- Free tickets for all finalist founders to the Startup Grind APAC 2019 Conference, valued at $300
Previous winners: Not specified
Description: "Regional Pitchfest is designed to help realise the potential and celebrate the success of Australia’s rural and regional entrepreneurs, artisans and small businesses. Regional Pitchfest provides a platform for you to pitch your business or idea to a live audience and expert panel for the chance to win a share of the competition prize pool."
Prize: Not specified
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Startup Competition Guide" series
They include MedTech Innovator, The TMCx Accelerator, Insight Accelerator Labs and KOA AccelRead more...
They include Zurich Innovation Championship, VentureClash and FFiT InsurTech CompetitionRead more...