Investments into precision medicine companies is rising, but how much has it helped?Read more...
Reena Jadhav interviews Founder & CEO of Bigfoot Biomedical
Reena Jadhav interviews Jeffrey Brewer, Founder CEO of Bigfoot Biomedical who has developed an automated insulin delivery system connected to a smartphone and the cloud, making it easier to take insulin in the safest way possible while cutting costs. In this interview he shares:
1. What motivated him to start Bigfoot Biomedical (his personal story is truly inspiring!)
2. How much money it takes to get through the various stages of approvals for a Class 3 device
3. The secrets to getting through clinical trial approvals and how to work with the FDA
4. The importance for entrepreneurs to demonstrate that they have a working solution to a real problem along with demonstrating cost savings
5. The hardest thing of building a medical device startup and how to find the regulatory help needed
6. Their business model as a service and why its the smartest way of doing it
7. Their path through payors and insurance to consumers
8. His vision for a better life for those with Type 1 diabetes and how they are helping in addressing the $82 billion a year in costs incurred in US and Europe.
Read more from our "The Future of Healthcare" series
Simcox will be a part of Vator's Healthcare in Politics salon on October 7Read more...
Krigstein will be a part of Vator's Healthcare in Politics salon on October 7Read more...