This comes even as the majority say that telemedicine is decreasing as in-person visits returnRead more...
Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables 2017 is on March 23
Notable Speakers Scheduled to Appear include Mario Schlosser, Founder & CEO of Oscar Health; Dr. Craig Venter, Founder & Executive Chairman of Human Longevity; Martin Varsavsky, Founder & CEO of Prelude Fertility; Sean Duffy, Founder & CEO of Omada Health; Ian Shakil, Founder & CEO of Augmedix; Michelle Snyder, CMO of Welltok; and more. See list below.
Vator, a leading professional network for entrepreneurs and investors, announced today the lineup for Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables 2017, the third annual conference dedicated to gathering leading thinkers, CEOs, media and VCs to take a deep dive into the business of health technology innovation and the opportunities and challenges.
Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables is scheduled for Thursday March 23, 2017 at the Fort Mason’s Cowell Theater in San Francisco from 7:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m PT.
In the last five years, the healthcare industry has seen a massive amount of VC financing pouring into the sector as cultural, economic, regulatory and technological tailwinds collide to create massive opportunity. Venture financing into digital healthcare startups rose nine percent in 2016 as more than $5 billion was invested in 622 deals, according to a report by Mercom.
Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables will host founders and CEOs of some of the most well-funded digital startups.
- Oscar Health has raised more than $700 million
- Prelude Fertility raised $200 million
- Human Longevity has raised more than $300 million
Splash Health will also host the most prolific VCs in digital health from Kleiner Perkins, GE Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Mckesson, Canvas, Canaan, Maveron and more.
“We all know that healthcare is a problem. Deductibles and premiums are going up anywhere from 15-25% in 2017,” said Bambi Francisco, Founder and CEO of Vator. “This conference highlights innovators and financiers who are helping to bring costs down by using technology to affect behavior and focus on preventative and patient-centered care. We’ll also look at the regulatory environment, in light of the new administration.”
Throughout the day, different panel discussions will take place, featuring speakers such as:
- Arnaud Bernaert, Head of Global Health and Healthcare at the World Economic Forum
- Brian Singerman, Partner at Founders Fund
- Daniel Kraft, Faculty Chair for Medicine & Neuroscience at Singularity University; Founder & Chair at Exponential Medicine
- Dave Schulte, Partner at McKesson Ventures
- Dr. Robert Pearl, CEO at Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
- Ezra Roizen, Founder at ADVSR
- Jeffrey Brewer, Founder & CEO at Bigfoot Biomedical
- Mark Goldstein, Managing Partner at Advisors.fund
- Michael Dixon, Partner at Sequoia Capital
- Patrick Chung, General Partner at Xfund
- Peter Hames, Founder & CEO at Big Health
- Rebecca Lynn, Partner at Canvas Venture Fund
- Ron Gutman, Founder & CEO at HealthTap
- Sami Inkinen, Founder & CEO at Virta Health
- Sarah Buhr, Reporter at TechCrunch
- Stephanie Lee, Senior Technology Reporter at BuzzFeed
- Stephanie Tilenius, Founder & CEO at Vida Health
- Bambi Francisco, Founder & CEO, Vator Inc
See our rocking line up of speakers here.
Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables 2017 Competition
Vator Splash has been behind some big names. In six years, it’s identified 208 startups, which have collectively gone on to raise more than $1B. In the healthtech space, Pokitdok won Vator Splash 2014. We’ll see another six startups on stage competing live for a chance at funding, sit-down meetings with VCs, including the Vator Investment Club, plus about $25k in in-kind prizes, including complimentary membership flight on Surf Air and $10k worth of engineering work.
Judges for the competition include:
- David Wu, General Partner at Maveron
- Emily Melton, Partner at DFJ Venture
- Erin Flynn, Managing Director at Vator Investment Club
- Julie Papanek, Healthcare Investor at Canaan Partners
- Lynne Chou, Partner at Kleiner Perkins
- Nico Arcino, Digital Health Strategies at Kaiser Permanente
- Paul Willard, Partner at Subtraction Capital
- Risa Stack, General Manager at GE Ventures
- Ryan Howard, Angel Investor, and Founder at iBeat and Practice Fusion
Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables welcomes sponsors Avison Young, Scrubbed, Stratpoint, Bread & Butter, along with partners SurfAir, Berkeley Innovators, Telecom Council, Rock Health, Royse Law Firm PC, TMX, Highway 1, Fast Company, BuzzFeed, TechCrunch, Health Tech Capital, and Wise Public Relations to showcase their leading services to the health and wellness tech communities. The event is expected to draw 500 attendees. For more information, the full agenda or to purchase a ticket to attend Vator Splash Health, Wellness and Wearables, visit this link.
The event will be succeeded by an afterparty hosted by Anthony Shell, Vice President at Avison Young. Come join us for drinks, snacks and networking.
Vator is an awesome network for entrepreneurs and investors, sitting at the intersection of media and finance. Vator consists of VatorX, a SaaS platform for organizations to find and filter startups; VatorNews, which provides original analysis, thought leadership and reporting on the business of innovation and startups; Vator Investment Club, an investment club made up of Vator accredited investors. Founded in 2007, Vator is led by Founder Bambi Francisco, an industry veteran and award winning journalist. For more information, visit www.vator.tv or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
Wise PR for Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Trends and news" series
The companies are working together to connect entrepreneurs with acquisition opportunitiesRead more...
CodeSignal, an interview and assessment platform, has partnered with ColorStack to help drive changeRead more...