Harrison.ai raised $92.3 million USD, Droplette secured $15.4M,Read more...
Peter Thiel led investment in Vivint; Seclore raised $12M Series B; IMMUNIO secured Series A funding
- wineOwine, a Rome, Italy-based wine ecommerce startup, raised €800,000 (approximately $905,000) in venture capital funding. Backers included LVenture Group, holding company listed on the MTA of the Italian Stock Exchange and several business angels, some of them coming from Angel Partner Group. The company intends to use the funds to expand its service to new producers.
- ClearTax, an Income Tax Returns e-filing website, secured an angel investment of $1.3 million from Silicon Valley angels. The investors include PayPal co-founder Max Levchin who makes his first India-focussed investment with ClearTax's latest funding round. The investment will be used by ClearTax to further its mission of simplifying the process of tax filing through technology, said the company in a press release.
- Auro Robotics, an autonomous campus shuttle service, secured $2 million in a funding round led by Motus Ventures, an investment firm dedicated to accelerating the autonomous future, and supported by Rothenberg Ventures. Auro Robotics will use the funding to roll out autonomous campus shuttle services at a major American university later this year, marking one of the most advanced deployments of self-driving cars to date.
- SnappyData, developers of in-memory hybrid transactional analytics database built on Apache Spark, secured $3.65 million in Series A funding, led by Pivotal, GE Digital and GTD Capital. The funding will allow the company to further invest in engineering and sales. The SnappyData open source platform aims to eliminate these production woes by empowering customers to stream, transact and analyze, all in a single in-memory cluster.
- IMMUNIO, a runtime application software protection (RASP) provider, secured $5 million in Series A funding to accelerate growth and support the company’s strategy to redefine the way organizations protect web applications. Led by White Star Capital, a transatlantic venture fund operating between London, New York and Montreal, the series A also included all previous seed investors bringing the total funds raised to date to $8.3 million.
- BlueVine, a Palo Alto, CA-based online provider of everyday financing to small businesses, received a strategic investment from Citi Ventures. The financial terms of the deal, which represents a follow-on investment to BlueVine’s $40 million Series C financing in January 2016, were not disclosed. The company will use the funds to accelerate growth and penetration into new market segments.
- Seclore, a Santa Clara-based enterprise digital rights management (EDRM) platform, raised $12 million in Series B funding. Backers included Helion Ventures, VentureEast, Sistema Asia Fund, and India Alternatives. The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations. Led by Vishal Gupta, CEO, Seclore provides a enterprise digital rights management (EDRM) platform that enables organizations to control the usage of files wherever they go.
- Vivint, a smart home company based out of Provo, Utah, raised $100 million in its first round of venture-capital funding. The investment was led by the famed investor and PayPal cofounder Peter Thiel alongside Solamere Capital, a venture firm cofounded by Mitt and Tagg Romney. It's Thiel's only known investment in the smart home industry. The company was founded in 1999 as APX Alarm Security Solutions, your stock-standard house alarm system dealer. Over time, its ambitions got grander: In 2006 it started doing the home-alarm monitoring itself so it could own more customer relationships after the installation phase.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: divvygreen.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Amazon Health sells healthcare services to Hilton; Athenahealth acquired for $17 BillionRead more...
How Microsoft can transform healthcare delivery; Trusted has raised $94M; Aptihealth landed $50Read more...