Harrison.ai raised $92.3 million USD, Droplette secured $15.4M,Read more...
Coveo raised $35M; Macat secured $30M; Semantics3 launched $1.55M funding
- doDOC, a Boston, MA- and Coimbra, Portugal-based web-based platform that allows pharmaceutical companies to accelerate regulatory and compliance processes, recently raised $200,000 in seed funding. Caixa Capital made the investment. The company is using the funds to continue to grow.
- Semantics3, a data application programme interface (API) platform and the first startup from Singapore to get into the Y Combinator accelerator programme, has secured $1.55 million in bridge funding. The round was led by Belgium-based venture capital firm E-Merge, which was also the biggest investor in its seed round of US$600,000 in March 2013. The bridge round will fuel Semantics3’s development of its suite of product and pricing APIs, which trawls e-commerce websites for the latest information on products and their prices, and then makes sense of these data for the merchants and retailers amongst its users.
- Hivemapper Inc., a startup that wants to help drone pilots avoid crashing into buildings and other structures when and wherever they fly, has raised $2.9 million in a new seed round led by Spark Capital, according to Hivemapper founder and Chief Executive Ariel Seidman. According to the CEO, Hivemapper plans to use its funding for hiring and to build a loyal user base within the drone community. It also plans to amass more data for its map in the U.S. and eventually to cover the world.
- Online interior design service Havenly, Inc. has raised $7.5 million Series A in a round led by theFoundry Group that included participation from other private investors that were not disclosed. Prior to the new round, Havenly had raised two rounds, one a $20,000 seed round, and a further undisclosed sum in March 2015. The company said it would use the funding to expand head count and further develop the platform’s design concierge services.
- BuildingConnected, a refreshingly different bid management solution, today announced that it closed $8.5 million in Series A funding to bring the construction industry ridiculously easy tools to save time and money during the bidding process. The investment was led by CrossLink Capital, with participation from existing investors Homebrew, Freestyle, Bee Partners and Brick & Mortar. With the $8.5 million investment, BuildingConnected has now raised a total of $10.7 million. BuildingConnected also announced a company wide-agreement with Turner Construction Company, the largest commercial construction builder in the United States, to become their go-to bid management tool.
- Photo sharing and live video streaming app maker 17 Media, LLC has raised $10 million Series A in a round that included Infinity Venture Partners and Prometheus Capital. Previous investors via a seed round in the company (the amount was not available) include Lawrence Ng, former founder of Oversee.net; Jaime Lin, partner at AppWorks, and Xu Le of High Level Limited. The company said it would use the new funding to power a platform upgrade and international expansion.
- Only seven months after announcing a $14 million funding round, Boston footwear merchant M. Gemi has deposited another $18 million to its bank account. The new funding comes from the London office of Accel Partners, along with earlier investors including Cambridge-based General Catalyst Partners, Forerunner Ventures in San Francisco, and Boston-based Breakaway. The new capital will go toward “continued investment in the supply chain, in the brand, and growing the business”.
- Cask Data, Inc., an open source software company that helps developers deliver enterprise-class Apache Hadoop solutions more quickly and effectively, announced that it's raising a $20 millionSeries B financing round led by Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. with participation from Battery Ventures, Ignition Partners and other existing investors. Proceeds will be used to expand Cask's platform enhancements and develop a broad sales team.
- Macat, Washington, DC-based online learning platform, library, and critical thinking tool, raised $30 million in financing. In this round, which has three closings, Macat is adding $10 million in equity to a previously raised, undisclosed round of $20 million from a group of angel investors. The company intends to use the funds to expand the reach of its content and scale its digital platform globally.
- Coveo, a Quebec City, Canada-based provider of an intelligent search platform, secured $35 million in Series D financing. The round was led by IQ Venture Capital with participation from existing investors Tandem Expansion Fund, BDC Capital, Propulsion Ventures SEC, Fonds de solidarité FTQ, and Coveo CEO Louis Tetu. The company, which has raised $75 million in financing to date, intends to use the funds to launch additional intelligent search apps for large enterprise technology ecosystems, and to increse sales and marketing, R&D and product groups.
- Forefront Capital, a Mumbai-based hedge fund management firm, said it has raised about $100 million (Rs 655 crore) from domestic and global investors within 15 months of its acquisition by Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd. The company was the first hedge fund to get registered under the Securities and Exchange Board of India's Alternative Investment Fund (Category III) regulations. Forefront is the multi-strategy funds business of Edelweiss Global Asset Management, a $4.5 billion asset management business. Its team has doubled over the last two years, with almost half of its employees being women.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: businessnewsdaily.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Amazon Health sells healthcare services to Hilton; Athenahealth acquired for $17 BillionRead more...
How Microsoft can transform healthcare delivery; Trusted has raised $94M; Aptihealth landed $50Read more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
You’ve got a great idea, a winning product, an amazing team, a great business. You have choices. There are hundreds of firms who could invest in your business. So why choose Battery? Yes, we have a track record of success backing breakthrough companies. We’ve been through hundreds of IPOs and M&A events. We have 30 years of experience. We’ve raised $4.5B since inception and are investing a $900M pool of capital, so yes, we have deep pockets along with big Rolodexes and a smart team.
So what else matters? That we’ll be the most engaged, collaborative and passionate investor around the table. That we remain open to exploring all business ideas, no matter how complicated or far off the beaten track they might at first seem. We will roll up our sleeves and work as hard as you do. We will add value every day, in between board meetings, not just at them. But that doesn’t mean we’ll run your business, we know where to draw the line. We keep our egos in check, operate with integrity and honesty, and put the needs of your business ahead of our own.
Above all, it’s really about chemistry. So get to know us. Talk to the teams we’ve worked with. Ask them how we’ve helped. You’ll discover the value Battery can add long before we write the first check. Here’s a bit more about the companies we’ve backed and the difference we’ve made between a great company and an also-ran.
Joined Vator on
There’s a simple premise behind the founding of General Catalyst (GC) in 2000: entrepreneurs are best served by those who've been in their shoes. In fact, all of GC’s managing directors are accomplished entrepreneurs in their own right. We’re familiar with the challenges you face. And we thrive on our ability to use our entrepreneurial experience to assist, guide, and nurture entrepreneurs on their journey.
As a venture capital firm focusing on Early Stage and XIR/Growth investments, we're thrilled to encounter and delight in helping exceptional entrepreneurs and innovative companies bring a new product to market or transform an industry. But it’s more than just writing a big check. We're tireless in our business-building and partnership development assistance.
Joined Vator on
Crosslink Capital is a leading stage-independent venture capital and growth equity firm with over $1.5 billion in assets.
Crosslink, which traces its roots back to 1989, was among the first and largest investment firms in the U.S. to integrate public and private growth investing in three families of funds: venture capital funds, long/short hedge funds and a unique hybrid crossover fund. This strategy allows Crosslink to partner with its portfolio companies on a long-term basis.
Joined Vator on
Freestyle Capital is a seed stage investor and mentor for Internet software startups. We’re the ones you come to when you want more than just a check. Our community of veteran entrepreneurs offers real-world experience and business finesse without stuffy investor baggage or hidden agendas. We’re candid, we’re real, and we’re ready to help you change the world. (You might even have fun while you’re at it.)