Capsule raised $300M; Mux landed $105M; Ceribell secured $53M; UCM Digital picks up $5.5MRead more...
Sunnova Energy secured $300M; Playful raised $25M; Sequana Medical landed $9.3M
- Gurgaon-based foodtech startup, Leaping Caravan, has raised $150,000 in funding from a group of angel investors. The raised funding will be used for business expansion, stringent marketing, technology enhancement, manpower acquisition and expanding operations. Founded by Megha Tuli, Leaping Caravan offers Indian food with delightfully traditional experience primarily to corporate customers across Gurgaon and Delhi. The funding will also be used to set up another delivery center in Delhi and boost orders to more than 100 orders a day across the city from the current 30 orders. It is further planning to expand to two more kitchens across Delhi.
- Mumbai-based Medd, a diagnostics booking app, has raised $150,000 in a bridge round of funding from a group of angel investors. The round saw participation from doctors, senior management of pharma, ecommerce and investment banking. The founding team stated that this round is to fund growth till they negotiate a VC deal. Medd plans to use the funds to expand its network of service providers, increase its team, strengthen technology interface and initiate marketing and branding efforts.
- HomeCanvasr, Inc., a NYC-based real estate listings platform specializing in pre-market & off-market properties, raised $200,000 in seed funding. Co-Founders Steven Szczur and Jonah Landman committed their own capital to the round. The company intends to use the funds for the tech development of HomeCanvasr.com 2.0, brand expansion and growth into Manhattan and other markets.
- enOware, a Karlsruhe, Germany-based developer of GEOsniff, a wireless, miniaturized geothermal measuring capsule, raised a seed financing round of undisclosed amount. Backers included High-Tech Gründerfonds, LBBW Venture Capital GmbH, and KIC InnoEnergy SE. Operators of near-surface geothermal probes can get up-to-the-minute relevant system data with GEOsniff and an app.
- Meal service startup Frsh.com has raised under $1 million in a bridge round of funding from Mumbai Angels, Roposo co-founder Mayank Bhangdia and existing investor Kae Capital. Frsh.com, run by Gurgaon-based Fingertip Foods Pvt Ltd will use the money for expansion, co-founder and CEO Badal Goel told Techcircle.in. The bridge funding comes after Frsh.com raised $518,000 in seed funding from early-stage investors India Quotient and Kae Capital in February.
- Univercells, a company that designs single-use cost-efficient bioprocess solutions to open the next chapter in biomanufacturing, today announces it has closed an equity investment of €3 million ($3.3 million) with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (‘Takeda’) through its strategic venture arm, Takeda Ventures, Inc. The companies will launch a development program to tailor Univercells’ continuous integrated manufacturing methods and integrate them into the Takeda vaccines production platform.
- IntelliCyt Corporation (“IntelliCyt”), a provider of integrated platforms to accelerate drug discovery, antibody discovery and immunology, announced it has completed $7.4 million in new financing that consists of $5.4 million in venture financing and an additional $2 million debt facility. The venture financing was led by Arboretum Ventures (“Arboretum”) with participation from other current investors Prolog Ventures, Verge Fund, and New Mexico Community Capital. The debt financing was led by Oxford Finance, LLC (“Oxford”), a specialty finance firm that provides senior debt to life sciences and healthcare service companies.
- Sequana Medical, a privately held medical device company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative implantable pump systems that manage excess fluid within the body, announced today that it has raised CHF 9 million ($9.3 million) in a Series C extension round. Existing investors including NeoMed Management AS, VI Partners AG, Biomed Invest AG, Capricorn Health-tech Fund, Entrepreneurs Fund and Life Science Partners participated for a total of CHF 5.3M, with a further CHF 3.7M raised from new investors including Salus Partners SA and Quest for Growth NV. Sequana Medical will use these funds to expand current business for its proven fluid management systems through new indications in heart disease and to pursue U.S. marketing approvals.
- Playful Corp., a studio responsible for the 3D VR platformer Lucky’s Tale for the Oculus Rift, has raised $25 million in its latest funding round. The studio would only say that the money is coming from a “group of private investors.” Playful says it will use this influx of capital to redouble its development efforts. The company wants to create more games like Lucky’s Tale, which is an original property designed specifically for a cutting-edge platform like VR.
- Sunnova Energy Corporation announced it secured approximately $300 million in committed debt and equity funding that the company will use to continue growing its position in the residential solar energy service market. The transactions include a conduit facility arranged by Credit Suisse, and an equity financing round led by Triangle Peak Partners, LP. Additional equity investors include business development companies sponsored by Franklin Square Capital Partners LP, which are sub-advised by GSO Capital Partners LP, the global credit investment platform of Blackstone.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: venturebeat.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Vectra AI raised $130M; Solidia Technologies landed $78M; Capsida Biotherapeutics secured $50M; KeepRead more...
Automox raised $110M; Step landed $100M; Placer.ai secured $50M; Aleo picks up $28MRead more...