Harrison.ai raised $92.3 million USD, Droplette secured $15.4M,Read more...
Ryan secured $300M; EnTouch Controls landed $6M; LevelEleven closed $2M
- UK-based Loyalty Bay has raised $1 million + in a late seed funding round to power its service, which helps businesses increase any conversion metric on their web properties using data and rewards. The round was led by Talis Capital with Howzat Partners, NEON Adventures, Chris Mairs and Richard Verney all participating. Matus Maar has joined the board as Investor Director.
- GetLook, a beauty service provider at home, has raised an undisclosed amount of angel investment. The raised amount will be used for expansion to 6 more cities in next 2 months, for marketing purpose, building up the technology, and to arrange a professional GetLook kit for all beauticians. Founded in April 2015 by Gaurav Maheshwari, Ronak Sharda and Vatsala Kothari, GetLook is an on-demand marketplace through which a user can order any beauty service at home. The app provides the user with an option to select a beautician of choice based on beautician’s profile, ratings, reviews, experience and price. It works on a revenue sharing model with freelance stylists to help them get appointments, as its strategy to acquire more vendors.
- Gurgaon based on-demand hyperlocal merchant delivery service, Shadowfax has raised an investment of $300,000 in an angel round led by Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal of Snapdeal, Zishaan Hayath of Powai Lake Ventures, and Prashant Malik of Limeroad. The startup has a tech enabled delivery service that uses multiple modes of communication in order to provide relevant solutions in the Indian context. It employs integrated GPS tracking functions and automated algorithms in its product to improve the efficiency of the network.
- Immuno Gum, an Orange, CA-based startup that has designed types of gum that contains vitamins to help boost the immune system, has raised $1.2 million in seed funding from Tech Coast Angels. Their products can currently be found at retailers like 7-Eleven, as well as Drugstore.com and Amazon.
- LevelEleven LLC, a Detroit-based company that makes cloud-based sales-motivation software and smart apps, has closed on a funding round of $2 million. The funding, led by a new investor, NCT Ventures of Columbus, Ohio. The investment is from the $50 million NCT Ventures Fund II. It brings the total amount of funding LevelEleven has raised to $8.4 million.
- Rainbird Technologies, a London, UK- and Norwich, UK-based provider of a platform that uses artificial intelligence to automate knowledge-work, raised over £1million in funding. The round was led by New Anglia Capital, which invested £650k, with participation from unnmed angels. The company intends to use the funds to expand the team and operations.
- Indian media startup YourStory secured an undisclosed amount in series A funding led by early stage fund Kalaari Capital. The round also saw participation from Qualcomm Ventures, T V Mohandas Pai, and Ratan Tata. Started in 2008, Bangalore-headquartered YourStory is a blog on entrepreneurs with a staff of 50 across all departments. The startup claims to have reached 60 million engaged readers through 20,000 stories. It has sub-sites like HerStory, SocialStory, and YS TV.
- EnTouch Controls , a Richardson, Texas-based provider of energy management as a service (EMaaS), closed the initial round of a $6 million Series C financing. Investors in the company include Trailblazer Capital, SJF Ventures, and NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG). The company intends to use the funds to continue to grow operations.
- MarketInvoice has secured a £6m ($10 million) investment as it looks to extend its product range to make the firm a one-stop destination for working capital finance. The peer-to-peer finance provider will use the funds to broaden its product set including allowing businesses to access funds against licences, contracts, and subscriptions, as well as supplier finance where businesses can get finance to pay suppliers to complete large projects. Northzone and Paul Forster, co-founder and former CEO of Indeed.com, are backing the investment.
- Ryan, a leading global tax services firm, has successfully refinanced its long-term debt and secured a $300 million syndicated credit facility. Led by Goldman Sachs and Bank of America, this new facility includes 15 institutional lenders and four large banks, demonstrating the fiscal strength and confidence that Ryan has earned within the financial community. The additional capital will support Ryan's strategic plan of organic growth and key acquisitions to meet the increasing global client demand for the Firm's tax recovery and advisory services.
- OMERS Ventures announced the successful closing of Fund II, its second venture capital fund, with $260 million in commitments. The OMERS pension plan participated alongside co-investors BMO Financial Group (BMO) and Cisco Investments in the fund.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: digitalgreenwich.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Amazon Health sells healthcare services to Hilton; Athenahealth acquired for $17 BillionRead more...
How Microsoft can transform healthcare delivery; Trusted has raised $94M; Aptihealth landed $50Read more...