If you are an entrepreneur, why? I want to change the worldRead more...
No. 1 mistake: Believing you have something that will work before proving and testing it
(Prizzm is one of the promising startups competing to be one of the top 10 finalists to present on stage at Vator Splash SF. If you want to see Kobs on stage, or another startup in the competition, vote for them here.)
Vator’s community is the home to entrepreneurs who embrace their passion and follow their dreams. Our profiles allow members to express themselves by sharing their interests, lessons learned, as well as bits and pieces of their roller-coaster journey.
These profiles give entrepreneurs an opportunity to showcase themselves and tell their story. So if you are an entrepreneur, a serial entrepreneur, or even an aspiring entrepreneur, we'd like to hear from you.
I am a(n):
Companies I've founded or co-founded:
Recursive Technology, Prizzm
Startups I worked for:
If you are an entrepreneur, why?
I'm bursting with ideas!
My favorite startups:
What's most frustrating and rewarding about entrepreneurship/innovation?
The most frustrating part is the effort it takes to build an organization. And idea, a product, even a business/revenue stream can be built more easily than a group of people who are working toward a common goal. And failure. Near constant setbacks.. inevitable and frustrating.
The reward is lack of limits, and efficiency. You got the stomach - do it. There is no committee meeting, nobody to stop you, no end if you keep trying.
What's the No. 1 mistake entrepreneurs make?
Believing you have something that will work before proving and testing it, with real demand. You can fool yourself and others for awhile, but markets don't like.. for long anyway.
What are the top three lessons you've learned as an entrepreneur?
Don't do it alone
Don't do it with the wrong people
Don't do what I did! Read a million articles of smug 20yr olds who have it all figured out.
(Want to be profiled? Just fill out your Vator profile and we'll find you! Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Read more from our "Today's Entrepreneur" series
You need to reinvent yourself over and over again as a founder as your startup moves between stagesRead more...
Follow the mission, work with people you respect and trust, remember to enjoy the journeyRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
MightBuy is for tracking things you might buy, and sharing with your friends.
Mightbuy makes shopping your wishilist more fun and social. Mightbuy can deliver deals on exactly what you want, instead of ads for things you don’t want. The mobile app gives you access to your shopping list anywhere, and allows you to get feedback from friends while shopping.
Mightbuy is the only app that combines wishlists + reviews + mobile deals.
- Strong Business Model: We are seeing strong demand from businesses who want to use Mightbuy to reach out to their customers. It is in the Businesses interest to have as many products as possible on Mightbuy, because users typically share the product with lots of friends and it is trackable. Our deals infrastructure allows businesses to offer discounts on exactly what a customer wants, instead of running broadcast sales that devalue the brand.
- Mightbuy for Ipad/Retail: Our newest product! Retail stores can use MightbuyiPad to snap a customers picture and send them a *purchasable link*. We are the only ones offering this right now without implmenting full inventory managment. See the attached documents to see a demo.
Mightbuy primarily competes with Amazon universal wishlist currently, and obviously we won’t put Amazon out of business anytime soon - but we are using some startup kungfu to get around the 800lb gorlilla Amazon (and now Pinterest)
- Business model
- Design and social focus – Amazon mostly just personal, Mightbuy is designed for social shopping, getting recommendations. And Amazon looks like… Amazon.
- Mobile focus – Mightbuy mobile is designed for shopping with pictures and syncing your web bookmark list
- Passbook – Mightbuy mobile already has Passbook integration, although Apple has not released the product. When Apple releases iOS 6, we will be one of the very few apps that can offer it.