(Note: Hornik will be back for his Late Night segment during Splash SF this Feb 2. Register here for Early bird tickets before they sell out.)
In this first episode during Splash SF this past September, the Late Night guests consisted of guests Joe Kraus of Google Ventures, Josh Felser of Freesstyle Capital, Alex Rosen of IDG and Eghosa Omoigui of EchoVC Partners. You'll have to watch the panel to get the essence of it.
But here's one takeaway: Rosen's top 10 reasons, in David Letterman-style, that the market is optimal for start-ups seeking funds.
10. $20 million pre is the new $2 pre
9. Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, and Kim Kardashian could all be on your board
8. It doesn't matter if the development team hasn't showered if they're all in Ukraine
7. There are twice as many investors as entrepreneurs, angels, super angels, micro VCs, Big VCs...
6. Raise money now cause half of the investors were in the 10th grade during the first bubble
5. Cause nobody actually knows what's in the cloud
4. Because getting insurance is really cheap for a 25-year-old CEO
3. Because our industry really needs another million dollar startup launch party
2. All media now is really old media
1. Because if you succeed, Justin Timberlake will play you in a movie.