2700 Fairmount St, Dallas, Texas 75201, United States
Founded in: 2010 Stage: Revenue generating Number of employees: 6-15 Funding history:
- Date: 07/2012, Seed: $1.2 M (post valuation: undisclosed amount). Investors: Allen Duan, Njeri Kinyanjui, Ninan Chacko, Aleem Choudhry, Ellen Keszler, Andres Fabris, Paul Eaton, John Jaddou, Roshan Mendis, Carl Loredo, Andrew Medvedev
Your Ultimate Digital Travel Wallet Startup/business
Traxo automatically detects and organizes ALL of your travel information (bookings, miles, points, and loyalty status) from 190+ sources, into a single centralized, dynamic travel dashboard -- essentially a next-gen Tripit or Mint.com for travel.
Excited to announce, Traxo just won the Vator Splash NY start-up pitch competition! Special thanks to #VatorSplash for putting on a great event, and bringing together the start-up community for a wonderful evening of networking!!
on December 05
Traxo is the world’s most advanced personal travel organizer.
The free service automatically detects and aggregates travel information, including: itineraries, miles, points, and elite status, directly from over 190 different travel websites, and accepts travel confirmation emails from over 1,300 travel providers, organizing everything into a single, comprehensive travel dashboard -- essentially a next-gen Tripit or Mint.com for travel.
Traxo users become part of a smart, savvy online travel community and are rewarded with rich and informed social travel experiences. Conceived by founders Andres Fabris, Andy Chen and Richard Pendergast, Traxo’s executive team is comprised of business veterans with years of industry experience at companies such as Sabre and Travelocity.
For more information, please visit www.traxo.com.
Traxo’s founding team of online travel veterans from Sabre / Travelocity possess deep domain knowledge (50+ years) and have previous experience incubating and launching travel-related ventures and products together. Andres was most recently the VP Business Development for Travelocity. Andy launched Travelocity's private-label business and has extensive experience with social apps. Richard has spent over 25yrs delivering consumer software apps.
Andres Fabris - Founder and CEO
- 13 years with Sabre / Travelocity; most recently VP of Business Development for Travelocity
- CFO / COO of World Choice Travel (WCT), an travel affiliate network acquired by Travelocity
- Previously Director of Corporate Strategy, Business Dev, and Emerging Businesses for Sabre
- Launched over 40 products, secured $13M to launch new business, scaled to 60 employees
- BBA Finance from UT Austin; MBA from Harvard Business School
Andy Chen - Founder and President
- Incubated and launched travel redistribution business at Travelocity
- VP Social Media, Match.com. Director business development at True.com
- BS Civil Engineering from Texas A&M; MBA with distinction from UT Austin
Richard Pendergast - Chief Technology Officer
- 25+ years developing and delivering consumer software applications; recently CTO of WCT
- VP Technology at Sabre; instrumental in scaling Travelocity from its infancy
- Participated in launching two prior technology startups
- BS and MS Computer Science Engineering from UT Arlington
Revenue from three sources: 1) Commissions and affiliate revenue earned from selling missing travel components ($15/member/yr), 2) Subscription fees associated with 'Traxo Pro', which will retail for $49 / year, 3-5% of members expected to upgrade ($2/mbr/yr), 3) Date licensing fees associated with the sale of Traxo structured data and co-branded portals. Ad server and targeting module in place and already generating revenue.
Traxo has invested 450+ man-months creating a sophisticated travel harvesting and trip building infrastructure. The platform is based on owned, proprietary technology that is extremely difficult to replicate. Two patents pending: 1) SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR TRAVEL MONITORING AND NOTIFICATION, filed May 2008, and 2) SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR COMPARATIVE TRAVEL RECORD SCORING, filed Feb 2011.