SilkFred is an e-commerce platform for independent fashion brands. We power an online marketplace, connecting fashion forward shoppers with the hard to find brands of the future, as well as custom websites, and pop-up shops.
We believe that independent fashion brands that have a unique vision deserve to succeed.
We represent cool, innovative fashion brands and we all work towards one common goal, to be at the forefront of fashion. When our customers shop with us they not only discover new brands but the people behind them.
What is SilkFred?
SilkFred is an e-commerce platform that is a one stop shop for independent fashion.
We provide routes to market for independent fashion brands:
1) We power an online marketplace, connecting fashion forward shoppers with the hard to find brands of the future!
2) E-commerce solutions - SilkFred technology powers custom websites for our brands and designers to get to market directly
3) Pop up shops! Offline sales give customers the opportunity to ‘touch’ products and engage with brands!
What's the problem?
For independent brands -
There is no single solution to help independent fashion brands get to market
• Web agencies are expensive
• E-commerce platforms are not fashion focused
• Brand marketing is expensive and often not in core skill set
• Logistics solutions are complicated and often expensive
For fashion lovers -
• No girl wants to see someone else wearing the same dress
• Finding unique fashion at an affordable price point is a tough job
> Fashion is the fastest growing sector in e-commerce.
> By 2018, global fashion e-commerce will be worth $219bn, US fashion e-commerce $120bn and UK fashion e-commerce will be $15bn.
> By 2018, over 1.5m fashion stores will be on the top 5 ecommerce platforms.
Where are we now?
> Sales are doubling each month!
> We power over 130 international fashion brands (70 brands approach us every month).
> Facebook fans have grown from 1.3k to 30k+ in the last 4 months.
> We have hosted pop up shops all over the world and placed 50 brands on shop floors in Paris, London, Hong Kong, Munich, Ibiza and Barcelona to name a few.
> Named as "fashion tech startup to watch" by Huff Post. Also featured on ITV's Daybreak, Tech City News, The Sunday Times, The Guardian to name a few.
> Recently invited to the 2014 Royal Garden Parties in recognition of our contribution to the goverment's Business is GREAT Britain campaign.
3 proven revenue streams
1. Marketplace sales
> sales commission
> margin on exclusive wholesale collaborations
> marketing fee
2. E-commerce stores
> bespoke design fees
> monthly subscription
3. Pop up stores
> sales commission
> pitch fee
1. Bespoke fashion specific solution
2. Ability to sell high volume of independent brands online
3. One stop shop for brands (online and offline requirements)
4. High level and personal service
5. Integrated warehouse and shipping solution