Penn State Summer Founders Program (2019)
Deadline - February 15, 2019
The Summer Founders program gives Penn State teams $10,000 to work on their startup, social good, or non-profit idea for the summer. The program, in partnership with Happy Valley LaunchBox powered by PNC Bank, also provides mentorship and resources to help entrepreneurs to scale their new ventures.
- At least one co-founder on the team must be a Penn State student in good standing.
- Students from all Penn State campuses and student scheduled to graduate May 2019 are eligible.
- Founders must commit to working full-time on their venture in State College, PA for the duration of the program - May 15th through Aug 7th. Founders can not have part-time or full-time jobs/internships, or be signed up for in-residence or online classes.
Benefits of participation:
- Teams have 24×7 access to the LaunchBox facility and space in one of our team rooms, with free Wi-Fi, coffee, and printing.
- Participants may be eligible to receive an additional $3,000 to support customer discovery and travel expenses through Invent Penn State NSF I-Corps Site program.
- Participants have access to mentors and other entrepreneurs to grow their network and accelerate their new venture.
- Participants meet with other founders, local business leaders, and experts weekly over dinner to discuss their current challenges, share successes, and learn from each other.
- Applications close: Feb 15th at midnight
- Team interviews: Feb 25th-26th, teams will be notified via email by Feb 21st if they have been extended an interview
- Teams selected and notified: Feb 27th
- Kickoff team dinner: March 19th, 5:30 - 7:30 at Happy Valley LaunchBox
- Weekly team dinners: May 15th through July 31st
- Startup Showcase Event: Aug 7th
Criteria: At least one co-founder on the team must be a Penn State student in good standing. Students from all Penn State campuses and student scheduled to graduate May 2019 are eligible. Founders must commit to working full-time on their venture in State College,