Top three lessons learned: Stay Humble; Don't Quit; Show UpRead more...
Video Conferencing feature
Amidst the global pandemic of Coronavirus, countries across the world are practicing the work from the home trend. This has led to the rise in the demand for video conferencing. As a result of this, Zoom has become a household name, and it totally deserves to be so. Sonya, who offers online assignment help, says that though the company is incredibly popular in the domain of video conferencing, general users of Zoom still don’t have a substantial idea of the existence of the Zoom. If you, too, are new to Zoom and have absolutely no clue about the nitty-gritty, then you are at the right place. Here, in this article, we’ll discuss with you a complete 10-step guide on the installation of the Zoom for video conferencing. So, let’s cut the chase and begin learning the installation process of Zoom.
Tips to use Zoom like a pro
- Firstly, you can use Zoom in two ways, i.e. either via a dedicated Zoom Client or via a web browser. Naina, who offers online do my statistics homework services, says that people usually prefer using the zoom on a web browser, primarily because it is light-weight and fast. However, if you want a bunch of other features, you should install the Zoom Client. Here, we are putting forth the working links of all the key operating systems:
- Chrome Browser/Chrome OS
- Now, after you are done downloading the client from the links provided above, you’ll have to click on the Install button. Following it, you’ll have to press onto the Sign In option.
- After this, you’ll have to press on Sign up for free button. It will direct you to create your Zoom account. You can easily sign in via your existing Google or Facebook account. However, in my view, it is best to have a separate Zoom account. It will be a better option for your privacy.
- Once the account is created, you’ll get your Zoom dashboard. From this dashboard, it is easy to start a video conference. You just have to press on the “New Meeting” button for it.
- After this, you’ll be live. So, now, you’ll have to invite users. You can do this pressing on the Invite option. From here, you can copy the URL and then share the same with your team members who already have an account on Zoom. On the other hand, if you wish to invite someone who doesn’t have an account on Zoom, you’ll have to copy the invitation and then send it to the individual. This invitation will have a Meeting ID and a password. So, the user will now be able to authenticate and join the video conference with you.
- If you have to Join a meeting that’s already ongoing, you just have to enter the Meeting ID along with the password. Once authenticated, you are at the conference. Sophie, who works with a platform where you can pay to have paper written, says that in case the host hasn’t set the meeting password, the password wouldn’t be asked.
- These are the basic pointers about Zoom. However, we have come up with a list of tips and tricks that can help you breeze through Zoom.
For instance, you can create a virtual background for video conferencing. For this, click on the cogwheel button, and then you can press onto the Virtual Background tab. Here, you can pick a background from the available options. You can also add a custom video or image.
- Besides all this, you should know a few keyword shortcuts too.
- To mute or unmute the audio, you have to Press on the Alt + A button.
- To stop or start screen sharing, press on the Alt + S button.
- To take a screenshot, you have to press on the Shift + T button.
- To turn on or to turn off the video in the conference, you will have to press on the Alt + V button.
- A lot of third-party plugins can also be enabled, such as Slack, Google Calendar, Office 365, and others. For this, you have to click on the chat menu, and then press on to the + button under the apps menu. With this, you can seamlessly integrate the calendar notifications, schedules, office documents, and others.
- Mia, who offers the best machine learning course online, says that Zoom has a fantastic feature to accentuate the appearance in the live video. The good part is that it works great. You only have to open the Settings menu under the cogwheel button, and then head to the Video tab. In here, you will have to enable the touch up my appearance option. Following this, Zoom will soften the skin and reduce the blemishes on the face.
So, this is about the installation and the tricks of using Zoom on your smartphone and computer. I hope you find this article useful. Do let us know what you think in the comments below.