Regulus Cyber secured $4M; Electric has raised $7M; Quartz Systems landed $7.8MRead more...
Zerto secured $50M; Syros Pharmaceuticals closed $40M financing; Shape Security raised $25M funding
- Bolste, provider of a business collaboration platform, announced today that it is launching its business operating system (BOS) one month after closing a $5 million Series A round. The round, which closed in December, included backing from Jim Kellner (former president of insurance software provider Applied Systems) and Jim Bullock (CEO of surgical solutions provider Zyga Technology). Advisors to the company include Stanley Laybourne (former CFO at Insight Enterprises) and David Friend (co-founder of cloud backup solution Carbonite).
- Horus Technology, a Milan, Italy-based startup that combines robotics, health tech and Augmented Reality to create a medical device for for blind and visually impaired people, raised $900,000 in funding. 5Lion Holdings made the investment. The company intends to use funds for continued R&D activities.
- Mountain View, California-based Moltin, an ecommerce platform for developers, agencies and retailers, has raised $2 million in seed funding. The investors included Frontline Ventures, Y Combinator and Funders Club. Moltin has raised $2M from investors including active UK enterprise software fund Frontline Ventures, an AngelList syndicate led by former longtime VC Gil Dibner, Y Combinator, and Funders Club. The seed capital will be used to further the moltin technology and build partnerships to capitalise on the increasing interest from global brands.
- Yet-to-launch Moneybox is a U.K. startup that wants to encourage millennials — who might not be thinking too much about their financial futures — to save and invest. To help bring its app to market in the next few months, the company has closed a $3 million seed round. Backing comes from Samos Investments (who previously invested in the likes of Betfair and Ocado) and various unnamed angel investors. The funding will be used to expand the core team to around 20 people, and for the development of the Moneybox app ahead of an “early 2016” launch.
- Canadian martech company Limelight Platform Inc. today announced it has successfully closed $3.1 million in seed funding in its first year. The marketing automation technology company is providing F500 clients with the world's first end-to-end platform to optimize their live marketing activities at every touchpoint with consumers. Launched in 2014, Limelight is backed by noted angel investors and venture capitalists. The most recent round of funding was led by Rowanwood Ventures and included Jason Tryfon, Sandhill Angels, Hyde Park Ventures and Acceleprise Ventures. Limelight's funding is being used to accelerate its aggressive expansion into the U.S.
- Mumbai-based home healthcare services startup, Care24, has raised $4 million in a Series-A funding round led by SAIF Partners, supported by a strong follow-on by seed investor, India Quotient. The fresh capital comes within three months of Care24 receiving the seed funding. Founded by IIT alumni Vipin Pathak, Abhishek Tiwari, Garima Tripathi and Pranshu Sharma, the one-year-old startup plans to execute its expansion plan with the received capital, in two phases.
- Appthority, a company in enterprise Mobile Application Risk Management, today announced unprecedented company revenue and performance in 2015. The company's Q4 year-over-year growth rate reached 248 percent, making this the strongest quarter since the company's inception in 2011. In addition, the renewal rate for customers reached an all-time high at 93 percent. The company has also seen a rapidly growing customer base, including the acquisition of two Fortune 50 customers in Q4. At the end of the year, Appthority closed a $10 million Series B funding round, positioning the company to further capitalize on the increasing market demand for mobile app security in 2016. Series B investors included existing investors U.S. Venture Partners and Venrock, and new investors Blue Coat Systems and Knollwood Investment Advisory.
- mParticle, a customer data platform built for mobile, yesterday announced $15 million in Series A investment, led by Social Capital with participation from existing investors Bowery Capital, Eniac Ventures, Golden Ventures, and others. With the new investment, mParticle will open a San Francisco office and accelerate product development to support data capture across all connected devices. Ted Maidenberg led the investment for Social Capital, and has joined the board of directors.
- Savioke today announced that it has raised $15 million in Series A financing from lead investor Intel Capital, along with EDBI, the corporate investment arm of the Singapore Economic Development Board, and Northern Light Venture Capital. Savioke will use the funding to expand sales, marketing and product developments for its award-winning Relay robot. This round brings the total raised to date to $17.6 million, following its seed investment from Morado Venture Partners, AME Cloud Ventures, Google Ventures, and additional individual investors.
- Shape Security today announced it raised $25 million in Series D funding to accelerate deployments of the Shape Botwall Service with customers across the globe. With this funding, Shape has raised $91 million in total and now counts many of the largest enterprises in the world as customers. Beijing-based Northern Light Venture Capital joined the round to assist Shape with expansion into China. Lead investor in the round Baseline Ventures, Northern Light and Epic Ventures join existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Venrock, Norwest Venture Partners, Google Ventures, Eric Schmidt's Tomorrow Ventures and other prominent investors in this round.
- Syros Pharmaceuticals said Tuesday it closed a $40 million financing led by new investor Deerfield Management Company. Also participating were new investor Casdin Capital, as well as existing investors Fidelity Management and Research Company, WuXi Healthcare Ventures, Polaris Partners, Redmile Group, Aisling Capital and Alexandria Venture Investments. Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Syros is a biopharmaceutical company.
- Zerto, setting the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized data centers, today announced it has secured a $50 million Series E financing led by IVP and has achieved a fourth consecutive year of 100%+ sales growth. The additional capital will support continued product development to increase the flexibility of software defined, hybrid cloud infrastructures for easier adoption and use by business leaders in a wide range of industries.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: fortune.com
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Invisible AI has raised $3.6M; First Dollar picks up $5M; Vndly landed $8.5M; Limbix secured $9MRead more...
KlearNow raised $16M; Medable landed $25M; Sensor Tower secured $45MRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Whether you're seed stage or ready for growth, Intel Capital can help take it to the next level. Since 1991, we have invested more than US$10.8 billion in over 1,250 companies in 54 countries. Our company building focus has resulted in more than 200 of our portfolio companies going public on exchanges all over the world and over 300 being acquired or participating in a merger.
Joined Vator on
With $7 billion of committed capital, IVP is one of the premier later-stage venture capital and growth equity firms in the United States. Founded in 1980, IVP has invested in over 300 companies, 106 of which have gone public. IVP is one of the top-performing firms in the industry and has a 36-year IRR of 43.2%. IVP specializes in venture growth investments, industry rollups, founder liquidity transactions, and select public market investments. IVP investments include such notable companies as AppDynamics (CSCO), Business Insider (Axel Springer), Buddy Media (CRM), Casper, Compass, Datalogix (ORCL), Domo, Dropbox, Dropcam (GOOG), Fleetmatics (FLTX), GitHub, HomeAway (AWAY), The Honest Company, Kayak (PCLN), Klarna, LegalZoom, LifeLock (LOCK), Marketo (MKTO), Mindbody (MB), MySQL (ORCL), Netflix (NFLX), Omniture (ADBE), Personal Capital, Pure Storage (PSTG), Slack, Snap (SNAP), SoFi, Supercell (SoftBank), Tanium, Twitter (TWTR), Yext (YEXT), ZipRecruiter, and Zynga (ZNGA). For more information, visit www.ivp.com or follow IVP on Twitter: @ivp.
Joined Vator on
Our experience makes us realistic about how businesses unfold, and we can advise our portfolio companies at all phases of growth. Our size, global presence and heritage enable us to offer our venture capital and growth equity portfolio companies high-level, long-term assistance.