Kin raised $63.9M; Vanta landed $50M; Blind picks up $37; Elucid secures $8MRead more...
Vayyar Imaging raised $22M; Pramata announced $10M funding; Continuum Analytics secured $10M
- Malaysia-based iPrice, which aggregates a multitude of ecommerce sites in Southeast Asia into a single shopping destination, today announced it raised $1.2 million in seed funding – its second round. Existing investor Asia Venture Group led the investment, while 500 Startups, IMJ Investment Partners, Venturra Capital, F2 Capital, and Startstrike Ventures participated. This new amount brings iPrice’s total funding to US$1.75 million to date.
- Inthera Bioscience, a Swiss biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of first-in-class targeted small molecule therapies for solid tumors, today announced the closing of a €3.4 million (approximately $3.7 million) financing round led by MS Ventures, with equal contribution from Aglaia Oncology Fund II and Novo Seeds. EVA Basel also participated in the financing.
- ReliefBand Technologies, a therapeutic technology, has announced it has raised $5 million in venture capital funding in an initial founder round that was three times oversubscribed. The round was led by PathoCapital, the specialty healthcare fund headed by former Baxter Healthcare and Ovation Pharmaceuticals CEO, Bill Gantz. The investment will fuel the consumer market introduction of ReliefBand, an FDA cleared wearable device for the drug-free treatment of nausea.
- PointGrab today announced an investment totaling $5 million from ABB Technology Ventures, EcoMachines Ventures, and Flex Lab IX. Saar Wilf, PointGrab's Chairman and first investor, is also participating in this funding round. Through this investment, PointGrab fuels its expansion into the rapidly growing $30 billion home and building-automation market. By embedding deep learning technology into optical sensing IoT devices, PointGrab products provide detailed information about activity within buildings to effectively support energy-saving, facility management, occupant comfort and safety, as well as business intelligence.
- Faction, an enterprise-class Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud provider offering hybrid, private, and public cloud solutions, announces it has raised $6 million in funding this month. Faction's most recent round of funding comes from current investment partners Meritage Funds and Sweetwater Capital, as well as debt financing from Ares Capital Corporation. The $6 million in debt and equity capital will be used to fund the company's explosive customer demand.
- Continuum Analytics, an Austin, TX-based developer of open source analytics platform Anaconda, powered by Python, secured $10 million working capital line of credit. Silicon Valley Bank provided a $5 million operating line of credit along with an additional $5 million venture debt instrument. The company will use the funds to supplement its current equity capital and to fund ongoing growth.
- Pramata, a customer relationship intelligence company, today announced a new financing round of $10 million. The Series A growth equity round was led by Boston-based Volition Capital, joined by current investors Argosy Capital and Peninsula Ventures. Leading companies including CenturyLink, Cisco, Comcast, Medtronic, Truven, FICO and Novelis have adopted Pramata.
- Vayyar Imaging, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based 3D-imaging sensor company whose technology makes it possible to see through objects, raised $22 million Series B funding. The round was led by Walden Riverwood with participation from Battery Ventures, and existing investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Israel Cleantech Ventures (ICV) and Amiti Ventures. The company, which has raised $34M in total, intends to use the funds to scale its enterprise offering across the globe.
- Bizfi, a FinTech company whose online small business finance platform combines aggregation, funding and a participation marketplace, announced that Metropolitan Equity Partners (“Metropolitan”) has provided a structured financing facility of $65 million to the company to drive growth. Metropolitan’s investment provides the financial flexibility and strength to support Bizfi’s growth plans. The new investment expands upon Metropolitan’s prior involvement as an active buyer of loan participations and a mezzanine lender to the Company for the past three years.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: bloomberg.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Capsule raised $300M; Mux landed $105M; Ceribell secured $53M; UCM Digital picks up $5.5MRead more...
Vectra AI raised $130M; Solidia Technologies landed $78M; Capsida Biotherapeutics secured $50M; KeepRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
In 1911, Henry Phipps founded Bessemer Securities to reinvest the proceeds of his sale of Carnegie Steel for the benefit of his descendents. The start-up investment operations were spun out into Bessemer Venture Partners, which now operates out of seven offices around the globe.
Joined Vator on
500 Startups is an early-stage seed fund and incubator program located in Mountain View, CA. They invest primarily in consumer & SMB internet startups, and related web infrastructure services. Their initial investment size is typically $25K-$250K.
Selected areas of interest include financial services & e-commerce, search/social/mobile platforms, personal & business productivity, education & language, family & healthcare and web infrastructure.
Joined Vator on
You’ve got a great idea, a winning product, an amazing team, a great business. You have choices. There are hundreds of firms who could invest in your business. So why choose Battery? Yes, we have a track record of success backing breakthrough companies. We’ve been through hundreds of IPOs and M&A events. We have 30 years of experience. We’ve raised $4.5B since inception and are investing a $900M pool of capital, so yes, we have deep pockets along with big Rolodexes and a smart team.
So what else matters? That we’ll be the most engaged, collaborative and passionate investor around the table. That we remain open to exploring all business ideas, no matter how complicated or far off the beaten track they might at first seem. We will roll up our sleeves and work as hard as you do. We will add value every day, in between board meetings, not just at them. But that doesn’t mean we’ll run your business, we know where to draw the line. We keep our egos in check, operate with integrity and honesty, and put the needs of your business ahead of our own.
Above all, it’s really about chemistry. So get to know us. Talk to the teams we’ve worked with. Ask them how we’ve helped. You’ll discover the value Battery can add long before we write the first check. Here’s a bit more about the companies we’ve backed and the difference we’ve made between a great company and an also-ran.