They include StartOut Growth Lab, TechDiversity Accelerator and Backstage AcceleratorRead more...
They include the Intango AdTech Accelerator, Collider Accelerator and Roularta Mediatech Accelerator
For startups, there are numerous paths for getting their name out there. One way, which Vator has been covering recently, are startup competitions, but another popular method to get a foot in the door, as well as some funding and traction, are accelerators. These are programs that provide companies advice, guidance and various forms of support for startups in their early stages. They also often invest in the companies, for a certain equity stake.
Need a list of startup competitions, challenges, accelerators, etc. from around the world? Check out VatorX. You can find them, or list yours!
There are some very well-known accelerators out there, including Y Combinator and 500 Startups, which have made their names through various successful alumni. Those programs fairly general, accepting companies from a variety of different spaces.
For some companies, it may help to join an accelerator that only focuses on their specific area. That's especially true for those in more specialized spaces, which will have their own unique challenges and regulations.
Here are some of the accelerators that are focused specifically on mentoring companies in the adtech space:
"The Intango AdTech Accelerator provides an all-in-one solution for early-stage AdTech startups"
Investment amount: An investment of $50,000 comprised of $30,000 in cash and a media budget of $20,000
Program benefits: Technical and business mentorship, access to real customers and partners, an opportunity to pilot within Intango’s network and a chance to license the startup’s product to our partners. We also offer a working space side by side with us in our offices in Tel Aviv for six-months, legal and bookkeeping support and an optional follow-on investment for selected startups.
Portfolio companies: Not specified
"We invest and support startups who disrupt marketing, advertising and commerce with incredible technology."
Investment amount: For earlier stage companies, we offer £50,000 of investment for 10-12% of ordinary share equity in your company. Of this, we charge a fee of £15,000 for your time with us which means that your net investment is £35,000.
For slightly later stage companies, we offer £100,000 of investment for 10-12% of ordinary share equity in your company. Of this, we charge a fee of £30,000 for your time with us which means that your net investment is £70,000. Our investments will be made under SEIS or EIS.
In Amsterdam, we offer €50.000 for 8% ordinary share equity in your company. Of this investment, we charge a fee of €12.500 + VAT for our accelerator programme packed with training, coaching-sessions and valuable industry connections. This means that you receive €37.500 net cash.
Program benefits: Each startup is eligible for benefits from partners such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, SendGrid, Hubspot, IBM and more. These benefits include discounted access to platforms, technology credits, and support from experts to help start and shape your business. We confirm these benefits annually and full details are made available at the commencement of each programme!
Portfolio companies: Greengame, LivingLens, Jout, Miappi
"Technology continues to shape the way that brands reach their audiences—and in turn, the approach they take to mobile advertising. Marketers are in search of innovative products and platforms that help them forge authentic relationships with their consumers, and keep them engaged.
The Marketing Tech Venture Studio with IPG and Snap Inc. features companies that represent the future of this space, leveraging technology to improve both the creation and delivery of these mobile experiences."
Investment amount: Capital investment of $120K for up to 6% equity
- Co-workspace facilities provided in R/GA’s New York office
- Mentors from the Program Partners and their respective networks
- Partnership, distribution, and strategic support from the R/GA and IPG global agency networks
- Strategic marketing, design, development, and branding services from R/GA
- Invite-only Demo Event at program conclusion
Portfolio companies: Adludio, Dashbot, Lytics, Popwallet
"Roularta Mediatech Accelerator: media for equity for advertising and media technology startups"
Investment amount:For the 25,000 euros of funding and 200,000 euros worth of media coverage offered to start-ups selected by Roularta Mediatech Accelerator, Roularta Media Group takes a share of 5%. Depending on the start-up, this may be either a convertible note or straight equity. This means you are still a 95% shareholder.
- Media for equity: Media campaigns increase the visibility of your start-up. ‘Mastering Trends’ ensures that your publicity is as efficient as possible by carefully aiming advertising at the right audience: your target group.
- Housing and infrastructure: We will establish your start-up for you, and Roularta’s complete infrastructure is at your disposal: commercial and promotional services, information technology and printing technology, corporate law and logistics.
- Knowhow and Experience: Business knowledge is essential. Roularta Media Group and Duval Union have a wealth of experience and proficiency to share. Right from day one, our extensive expertise will give your start-up the boost it needs.
- Access to Data and Technology: Roularta Media Group and Duval Union give your start-up access to their data and technology. This means you can get straight to work with our high-tech tools as well as having access to any business information you may need.
- Free Membership of MediaNet: MediaNet Vlaanderen would like to offer your start-up one year’s free membership. This will give you extra visibility and allow you to make connections in the media industry and with research groups. You will also be able to take part in international trade fairs in partnership with Flanders Investment & Trade.
- Mentoring: Of course, you think that your idea is great! But are you in danger of making hasty assumptions? Does your intense focus blinker you to other options? The mentors at Roularta and Duval Union are here to help you to devise the best strategy for your business.
Mentor makeup: Philippe Belpaire, Xavier Bouckaert, Erwin Danism, Rik De Nolf, William De Nolf, Luk Wynants
Portfolio companies: Artlead, Charlie24, Find.me, Hoplr
"The LaunchPoint Technology Partner Program is the industry’s first marketing technology accelerator. The program, part of the company’s successful LaunchPoint partner ecosystem, brings together innovative applications that, when combined with the robust Marketo Engagement Platform, enables enterprises to listen, learn, and engage with their buyers in unprecedented, personalized and authentic ways at scale."
Investment amount: Not specified
- Referral Fee for Referring Customers to Marketo
- Branded Listing on LaunchPoint, Flow of Leads
- Developer Sandbox and API access
- Access to Tech Materials
- Expert Office Hours
- Roadmap Webinars
- Product Consulting Partners
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Access to Developer Evangelists to Scope & Architect
- Advanced Sandbox, Extensibility, Framework, Custom Objects
- Trusted Advice from Marketing Experts
- Press Release with a Quote from Marketo
- Joint Webinars, Featured Blog Posts, and Local Events
- Lead Nurturing Activities
- Marketo Partner Advisory Board Eligibility
- GTM Planning and Forecast with PAM
- Present to Marketo Sales Teams (CAM, ENT, SMB, SC) in demo days
- Participate in commission plan for CAMs or Aes
- Marketo Sales Bootcamp participation
Portfolio companies: Not specified
(Image source: static.adweek.com)
Read more from our "Startup Competition Guide" series
They include Lesbians Who Tech + Allies Startup Pitch Competition and ROMBA Conference CompetitionRead more...
They include Freedom from Cancer Startup Challenge and FACIT's Annual Pitch CompetitionRead more...