The company also dropped the price of its cancer screenings by 15 percentRead more...
Gather at Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables 2017
WHAT: The Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables 2017, the third annual conference dedicated to gathering leading thinkers, CEOs, media and VCs to take a deep dive into the business of health technology innovation and the opportunities and challenges.
WHEN: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 7:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT
WHERE: Fort Mason’s Cowell Theater, Herbst Pavilion, 2 Marina Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94123
SPEAKERS: The following are scheduled to speak at the event:
- Mario Schlosser, Founder & CEO at Oscar Health
- Owen Tripp, Co-Founder & CEO, Ground Rounds
- Dr. Craig Venter, Co–Founder and Executive Chairman, Human Longevity, Inc.
- Steve Jurvetson, Partner, DFJ
- Ian Shakil, Founder & CEO at Augmedix
- Michelle Snyder, CMO at Welltok
- Sean Duffy, Founder & CEO at Omada Health
- Arnaud Bernaert, Head of Global Health and Healthcare at the World Economic Forum
- Brian Singerman, Partner at Founders Fund
- Daniel Kraft, Faculty Chair for Medicine & Neuroscience at Singularity University; Founder & Chair at Exponential Medicine
- Dave Schulte, Partner at McKesson Ventures
- Dr. Robert Pearl, CEO at Kaiser Permanente Medical Group
- Ezra Roizen, Founder at advsr
- Jeffrey Brewer, Founder & CEO at Bigfoot Biomedical
- Mark Goldstein, Managing Partner at Advisors.fund
- Michael Dixon, Partner at Sequoia Capital
- Patrick Chung, General Partner at Xfund
- Peter Hames, Founder & CEO at Big Health
- Rebecca Lynn, Partner at Canvas Venture Fund
- Ron Gutman, Founder & CEO at HealthTap
- Sami Inkinen, Founder & CEO at Virta Health
- Sarah Buhr, Reporter at TechCrunch
- Stephanie Lee, Senior Technology Reporter at BuzzFeed
- Stephanie Tilenius, Founder & CEO at Vida Health
Bambi Francisco, Founder & CEO, Vator Inc
MORE: Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables will host founders and CEOs of some of the most well-funded digital startups. The event will be succeeded by an afterparty hosted by Anthony Shell, Vice President at Avison Young. Come join us for drinks, snacks and networking.
Vator Splash has been behind some big names. In six years, it’s identified 208 startups, which have collectively gone on to raise more than $1B. In the healthtech space, Pokitdok won Vator Splash 2014. We’ll see another six startups on stage competing live for a chance at funding, sit-down meetings with VCs, including the Vator Investment Club, plus about $25k in in-kind prizes, including complimentary membership flight on Surf Air and $10k worth of engineering work.
Judges for the competition include:
- David Wu, General Partner at Maveron
- Emily Melton, Partner at DFJ Venture
- Erin Flynn, Managing Director at Vator Investment Club
- Julie Papanek, Healthcare Investor at Canaan Partners
- Lynne Chou, Partner at Kleiner Perkins
- Nico Arcino, Digital Health Strategies at Kaiser Permanente
- Paul Willard, Partner at Subtraction Capital
- Risa Stack, General Manager at GE Ventures
- Ryan Howard, Angel Investor, and Founder at iBeat and Practice Fusion
- Hubert Zajicek, CEO, Healthwildcatters
- Lyon Wong, General Partner, Spectrum 28
Vator is an awesome network for entrepreneurs and investors, sitting at the intersection of media and finance. Vator consists of VatorX, a SaaS platform for organizations to find and filter startups; VatorNews, which provides original analysis, thought leadership and reporting on the business of innovation and startups; Vator Investment Club, an investment club made up of Vator accredited investors. Founded in 2007, Vator is led by Founder Bambi Francisco, an industry veteran and award winning journalist. For more information, visit www.vator.tv or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
@vatortv #vatorsplashhealth https://www.facebook.com/vatortv/
Wise PR for Vator Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables
Read more from our "Trends and news" series
The report looked at ten companies involved in the Machine Learning Data Catalog fieldRead more...
Outpatient procedures are on the rise as patient convenience and safety are in demandRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
We are company founders first and investor second: we have built companies from the ground up, including PayPal, Facebook, Napster, Plaxo, Palantir Technologies, and Clarium Capital. We have experience from concept to realization, from shared offices to public offerings. Every stage of the company creation process is familiar to us, from finding seed capital, to building defensible products, scaling up the organization, and realizing lasting value for employees and shareholders.
Our current investments include Facebook, Slide, Geni, Powerset, IronPort Systems, Zivity, Quantcast, and Project Agape. Our fund is $50 million and we focus on investments in early-stage consumer Internet companies. We typically invest $500,000 - $1 million per investment. At the end of 2007, we raised $220 million for The Founders Fund II.
Joined Vator on
Welltok, the leading consumer health enterprise Software as a Service company, is on a mission to empower consumers to achieve their optimal health. Its award-winning CaféWell Health Optimization Platform connects consumers with available and relevant benefits, resources and rewards by designing personalized action plans. Additionally, the company's technology-enabled services leverage both advanced analytics to derive meaningful consumer insights and multi-channel communications to reach consumers through the right channel with the right message. Welltok drives greater consumer engagement and healthcare value for customers across the healthcare continuum including payers, employers, government programs (Medicare and Medicaid) and providers.
Joined Vator on
Omada Health is a Silicon Valley startup that is bringing the best in design and web technology to health care delivery. Omada's team is an interdisciplinary group of technologists, entrepreneurs and clinicians from Google, Amazon, IDEO, Harvard, Stanford and Columbia who are passionate about creating accessible technology to prevent disease.
Joined Vator on
Vida is a mobile, virtual care platform for primary and chronic care that connects consumers to health providers 24/7 for text, audio and video support. Vida's national network of providers cover 20 different conditions. Vida has partnered with Duke and MD Anderson where we are working on clinical studies managing the virtual care of cardiac rehab and cancer patients.
Joined Vator on
Vator (short for innovator) is an awesome professional network for entrepreneurs and investors that sits at the intersection of media and finance. Our entrepreneurial ecosystem consists of startups, investors, strategics and service providers.
Vator’s platform offers an extensive set of services to the entrepreneurial community. Here is a quick summary of our suite of offerings:
VatorNews: Research, analysis and coverage, spanning news, thought leadership and lessons learned
VatorX: SaaS platform leveraged by startup communities and competitions to rank and filter participating startups
Vator Events: Well recognized large and small events across numerous geographies and sectors
Vator Investment Club: Our investor group for accredited investor members of the Vator community
Vator Teams: Our confidential acquihire platform for startup teams
Vator was originally founded by Bambi Francisco and seed funded by its original lead investor Peter Thiel as a social network for startups and investors, combining media coverage with rich profiles and filtering. Over the more than decade since its founding Vator has expanded to offer a full range of services to the entrepreneurial community. Today Vator is a well-recognized and trusted member of the startup community.
Vator has a range of business models due to its diversified set of offerings.