Quolum raised $2.8M; SuperAnnotate landed $3M; Lane picks up $10M; Binah.ai secured $13.5MRead more...
Trov secured $25.5M; Zero Zero Robotics raised $25M funding; TaskEasy closed $12M Series A
- UrbanStems, providing bouquet delivery in Washington, D.C. and New York City, closed a $6.8 million Series A round of funding led by SWaN & Legend Venture Partners with participation from Middleland Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, Interplay Ventures, and Sagamore Ventures.
- TaskEasy, an online platform for booking home maintenance professionals, closed $12 million in Series B funding led by Delta Electronics Capital with participation from investors new (Moderne Ventures, MTD Products) and old (Grotech Ventures, Access Venture Partners, and Kickstart Fund). The new round doubles TaskEasy’s total funding: the company had previously raised a $7 million Series A and a $5 million seed.
- Rooam, which describes itself as a socially connected mobile payment app, raised $1.2 million in seed-stage funding from several undisclosed private investors. The company’s app allows users to pay for drinks and connect with friends to find out what events and clubs they are at. Rooam plans to launch its mobile app in Washington, D.C., in the spring.
- StoryStream, a provider of smart content platform, raised a $2.6 million (£1.8 million) Series A funding to address the content marketing industry with its real-time search, curation and content publishing technology. The round was led by MMC Ventures, the London-based VC. StoryStream already works with Porsche, Thomas Cook and Volvo. This Series A round is the first external funding.
- Artificial intelligence and cybersecurity company SparkCognition closed a $6 million Series B funding round from investors that include Verizon Ventures and CME Ventures. The startup plans to spend the new money on gaining customers for its machine-learning technology that aims to predict when a company’s systems might fail or get hacked.
- TranServ, a digital payments company and the parent company of Udio wallet, closed an investment of $15 million. The Series C funding round is being led by IDFC SPICE Fund, a domestic venture capital fund managed by IDFC Asset Management Company and Micromax Informatics along with existing investors Nirvana and Faering Capital India Evolving Fund.
- tado°, a smart home product provider,, closed a $23 million round of funding, bringing the company's total to $57 million in funding overall. The financing comes from international investor Inven Capital, a venture capital arm of the ČEZ GROUP, a multinational energy conglomerate. tado° will use the capital to drive continued global expansion – especially in the US market, where the company recently listed its product range at Amazon, Best Buy and Home Depot, and secured a number of connected home partnerships, including AT&T Digital Life.
- Zero Zero Robotics, a Beijing, China-based robotics company, raised $25 million in total funding including a $23 million Series A round. Backers included IDG, GSR Ventures, ZhenFund, Zuig and others. The company, which has a team of 70 in offices in San Francisco, Shenzhen, and Hangzhou, intends to use the funds to introduce Hover Camera to the public.
- San Francisco-based insurance innovators Trov closed their Series C funding round with $25.5 million in new financing. The round was led by Oak HC/FT, who joined Australian insurer Suncorp Group, Guidewire, and previous investor Anthemis Group, bringing their total capital raised to a very significant $39.2 million. Accompanying their funding release, Trov has also announced that they are partnering with Suncorp in Australia and AXA in the UK as their local insurance partners.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: e27.co
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Pando landed $8M; Whatifi raised $10M;Read more...
Regulus Cyber secured $4M; Electric has raised $7M; Quartz Systems landed $7.8MRead more...