Capsule raised $300M; Mux landed $105M; Ceribell secured $53M; UCM Digital picks up $5.5MRead more...
Medium secured $50M; Rezatec completed seed funding; Ilos Videos raised $1.5M
- Medium, an online publishing platform from Twitter co-founder Ev Williams, secured $50 million funding round, led by Spark Capital. Andreessen Horowitz also put in money, as did GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Williams himself. This round comes not long after the company raised a $57 million round in September of last year. The company has now raised $132 million in funding, and is said to be valued at $600 million.
- BioBeats takes the data from wearables that monitor the health of employees and patients and puts it into a biometric machine-learning platform that delivers insights to healthcare providers or employers. It’s now raised $2.28 million led by White Cloud Capital, with participation from AXA Strategic Ventures and IQ Capital.
- Rezatec, a provider of satellite-driven data analytics for users in the Utilities, Agribusiness and Energy sectors, completed £1 million (approximately $1.44 million) seed financing round. Run Capital led the round with support from the Harvard Business School Alumni Angels and existing shareholders. Rezatec will use the capital secured to expand its sales and marketing teams worldwide as it continues to expand its global customer base.
- Ilos Videos, St. Paul, MN-based video recording platform, raised $1.5 million in seed funding. Backers were not disclosed. The company intends to use the funds to continue to develop the platform. The company, which has already secured partnerships with companies including Freshdesk and lesson.ly, currently has a 10-person team.
- ChartSpan Medical Technologies, Inc., a Greenville, SC-based healthcare technology company, raised $3.2 million venture capital funding round. Backers included a Texas based syndicate of investors. The company intends to use the funds to support the growth of operations and the hiring of more than 300 clinical and technology staff in the next 12 months.
- Sysdig, a San Francisco, CA-based container-native monitoring company, raised $15 million in Series B funding. Backers included existing investors Accel and Bain Capital Ventures. In conjunction with the funding, Salil Deshpande, Managing Director at Bain Capital Ventures, joined the board of Sysdig. The company will use the funds to accelerate growth, to continue building out its core technology for container and microservice environments, and to scale its operations and support infrastructure.
- Greenspring Associates led a $40 million Series E funding round in The RealReal, which provides a large selection of luxury items. Other investors in the funding round include Broadway Angels, NextEquity Partners andSpringboard Fund. Existing investors Canaan Partners, e.ventures,Greycroft Partners, InterWest Partners, DBL Partners and Industry Ventures also participated in the funding. The RealReal has raised a total of $123 million.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: articles.glofin.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Vectra AI raised $130M; Solidia Technologies landed $78M; Capsida Biotherapeutics secured $50M; KeepRead more...
Automox raised $110M; Step landed $100M; Placer.ai secured $50M; Aleo picks up $28MRead more...