Capsule raised $300M; Mux landed $105M; Ceribell secured $53M; UCM Digital picks up $5.5MRead more...
Emulate secured $28M; Goldman Sachs invested in Venus Medtech; Fixt received $600k Seed funding
- Flyr, a San Francisco, CA-based travel and data science company, received an investment from JetBlue Technology Ventures, the new venture capital subsidiary of JetBlue Airways. The amount of the deal was not disclosed. The company intends to use the funds to expand beyond its current offering to create new airline and broader hospitality sector products.
- Digsy, an Irvine, CA-based free butler service for finding commercial space for business, raised a funding of undisclosed amount. Backers included Gil Amelio (former CEO of Apple), Gordon Stephenson (board member with Zillow) and Sean Ellis (GrowthHackers.com and DropBox), K5 Ventures, Tech Coast Angels, early LoopNet executives and other angels.
- Chennai and US-based FixNix Inc, an inventor of SaaS-based Governance, Risk and Compliance platform for enterprises, secured $500,000 in a pre-Series A round of funding led by Chief Information Officer of Tesla Jay Vijayan. The round also saw participation from four other investors from Singapore and San Francisco. FixNix announced that part of the proceeds for this pre-series A came from equity crowdfunding to finish the development of their revolutionary GRC Analytics.
- Baltimore’s Fixt added $600,000 to its seed funding round, for a total of $1.4 million. Angel investors in the seed round include Google Wallet founder Jonathan Weiner, Wal-Mart board director Jim Cash and Paul Silber of Blu Venture Investors. Fixt, previously known as Peach, in January reported it had raised $800,000 in an oversubscribed seed round. The company had sought to raise $400,000.
- Cyberpost, a video and virtual mail system, raised $1.5 million in seed funding from a group of private investors. The Ontario-based startup has created a cloud-based, revolutionary way for entertainment, sports, community, businesses and other organizations to inform and build relationships with their respective audiences. The venture capital funds will be used to accelerate Cyberpost’s growth, further develop the startup’s technology and implement new marketing strategies.
- Chennai-based fintech startup, Veritas Finance, raised $4.5 million (INR 30 Cr) in Series A round of funding led by Sarva Capital and others including Caspian Impact Investment Adviser. The startup will use the newly raised capital for expansion as well as increasing the range of financial products and services, besides using a sizable amount of the capital for disbursing loans.
- The Boston-based winery startup Kuvee served itself a $6 million investment led by General Catalyst and Founder Collective. Kuvee’s system works as a wine dispenser that prevents oxygen from getting inside your wine, allowing the removable bottles to stay fresh. Bolt and other angel investors also participated in the round.
- Emulate, Inc. secured $28 million of its Series B financing that will accelerate translation of its Organs-on-Chips technology into a commercially available ‘Human Emulation System’. The financing includes a diverse syndicate of investors selected from the innovative life sciences and technology investment communities, including existing investors Hansjörg Wyss, NanoDimension and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, as well as new investors: OS Fund; Atel Ventures; ALS Finding a Cure, a program of the Leandro P. Rizzuto Foundation; and a fourth new unnamed investor.
- Goldman Sachs invested $37 million in Venus Medtech (Hangzhou) Inc., of Hangzhou, China, is developing a transcatheter cardiac valve. Prior investors include Qiming Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital China and Dinova Venture Capital. The investment from Goldman Sachs will support Venus Medtech’s R&D as well as commercialization of the company’s cardiac valve products.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: www.wsj.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Vectra AI raised $130M; Solidia Technologies landed $78M; Capsida Biotherapeutics secured $50M; KeepRead more...
Automox raised $110M; Step landed $100M; Placer.ai secured $50M; Aleo picks up $28MRead more...