Harrison.ai raised $92.3 million USD, Droplette secured $15.4M,Read more...
Mesophere received $73.5M investment; Iterum Therapeutics secured $40M; Lagou completed Series C
- Malaysia-based Nuren Group, a company that runs a number of women-dedicated content and e-commerce websites, raised $2 million in a Series A round led by Gobi Partners. The funds will be used to help Nuren speed up its growth of user and sales numbers across all target markets and verticals. The company has plans to increase headcount to hit its growth targets, improve it e-commerce systems and its sales conversion.
- Israel’s ciValue, which develops cloud-based customer analytics tools for retailers, raised $2.4 million in a new seed round. Nielsen Innovate, Mac Fund, Deutsche Telekom participated in the round. Hub:raum has previously invested in the startup. ciValue’s self-service cloud-based analytics tool uses proprietary algorithms and is aimed at retailers in the grocery, health, and beauty sectors to engage with and understand their customers better through analysing their “Retail DNA” and gathering valuable insights.
- DimensionalMechanics, a company launching out of stealth to make artificial intelligence scalable in the enterprise, closed an oversubscribed $4.7 million Series A round of financing and introduced NeoPulse, a flexible cloud-based platform that will enable users to solve enterprise challenges by incorporating the power of AI into existing systems.
- Los Angeles-based virtual reality (VR) startup Visionary VR raised a $6 million series A round of funding from DFJ, the Venture Reality Fund, BDM, Greycroft and others. This comes after Visionary raised close to $600,000 as part of a friends and family round in 2015. CEO Gil Baron and CCO Jonnie Ross told that they want to use the money to further grow their team, which currently consists of 15 people, as well as build out the product
- HG Data, a Santa Barbara, CA-based global leader for competitive intelligence on installed technologies, raised $12 million in Series B funding. The round was led by Updata Partners, which joined early investors Rincon Venture Partners and Epic Ventures. The company, which has raised $23m in funding, intends to use the funds to to develop products, increase client acquisition, expand its science and engineering expertise.
- Beijing-based technology sector online recruitment platform Lagou completed RMB220 million ($34 million) new round of funding led by a Chinese investor. China Money Network cannot verify the identity of the lead investor. Existing investor Qiming Venture Partners also participated in the round. The round follows a $25 million series B round led by Qiming in August 2014, with participation from existing investor Bertelsmann Asia Investments.
- Checkr, a software solution for background screening and verifications, raised a $40 million Series B round, led by the Y Combinator Continuity Fund, with Institutional Venture Partners and Accel participating. With its additional funding, Checkr will expand its offering to service an even wider variety of Companies, including peer-to-peer commerce and marketplace businesses, as well as larger enterprises.
- Iterum Therapeutics Limited, a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of new therapies to address unmet medical needs, has licensed global rights to a novel anti-infective compound from a top-tier multinational pharmaceutical company. The company also secured a $40 million Series A financing, which will be used for the licensing and product development activities, from a syndicate of sophisticated life science investors. The round was led by Frazier Healthcare Partners and joined by Canaan Partners, Sofinnova Ventures and New Leaf Venture Partners.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Microsoft contributed to a $73.5 million funding round for data center software startup Mesosphere. HP Enterprise led the round, along with new investors Microsoft, A Capital, and Triangle Peak Partners, along with previous investors Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, and Fuel Capital.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: entrepreneur.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Amazon Health sells healthcare services to Hilton; Athenahealth acquired for $17 BillionRead more...
How Microsoft can transform healthcare delivery; Trusted has raised $94M; Aptihealth landed $50Read more...