Mursion has raised $20M; Materialize landed $32M; Kinaset secured $40MRead more...
Health Catalyst bagged $70M; Enlighted secured $25M; Centage Corp completed $13.5M Series A funding
- Enlighted, provider of smart sensors and analytics for businesses, secured $25 million in Series D funding from the company’s existing investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, RockPort Capital Partners, and Draper Fisher Jurvetson, along with new investor Tao Capital Partners. Enlighted says it will use its new funding to expand internationally to France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
- Social media marketing start-up Stackla closed it first major investment round, bagging $6.1 million of funding led by ASX-listed Bailador Technology Investments. The company has been raising the initial funding since last year, and earlier pulled in investors including start-up agency and advisory Rampersand, and former ninemsn and Yahoo! Australia chief executive Tony Faure. It has added to that backing with increased funding from Bailador of $2.5 million, and intends to use the fund for further international expansion.
- Cybersecurity startup Terbium Labs raised $6.4 million in venture capital funding. Danny Rogers, Terbium's CEO, said the cash infusion will help the Baltimore company market and improve Matchlight, the system it's developed to detect when stolen information is posted online. Rogers expects to hire five more employees this year, growing his staff by half. The fundraising was led by Boston-based investment firm .406 Ventures and brings the company's total raised to $9.7 million.
- Tokyo-based Port is preparing for the beta launch of Port Medical, a telemedicine platform allowing chronic patients to consult a doctor online. The company announced that it has fundraised 900 million yen (about $7.9 million) from Eight Roads Ventures Japan(previously known as Fidelity Growth Partners Japan), Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, and Global Brain.
- Blue-collar recruitment app and European startup CornerJob closed a $10 million Series A funding round led by Accel. Investors include Antai Business Angels and Mediaset España (through its media for equity subsidiary Ad4Ventures), VC funds from Banc Sabadell Capital, Bonsai Venture Capital, Cube Investments, Ithaca Investment, Samaipata Ventures (founders of La Nevera Roja), La Caixa Capital Risc and Media Digital Ventures.
- Shunwei Capital Partners led a series B financing round worth around $10 million for Kuaifawu.com, a one-stop legal services start-up based in Beijing. Existing investor Ceyuan Ventures also participated. Founded in June 2014, Kuaifawu.com provides company registration, taxation, patent and trademark registration to Chinese start-ups, as well as small and medium enterprises.
- Mumbai-based curated baby and kids products flash sales site Hopscotch.in, raised $13 million (around Rs 89 crore) in Series C funding led by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin. Hopscotch.in is Saverin's first direct investment in India.The funds raised will be utilised for expanding its technology platform. The company had last year secured $11 million in its Series B round of funding led by Saverin’s VC fund Velos Partners.
- Centage Corporation, a provider of budgeting and forecasting software (Budget Maestro) for small and medium-sized businesses, completed its Series A funding for $13.5 million from TVC Capital, a San Diego-based growth equity firm focused on investments in, and acquisitions of, business critical software firms. Also participating in the round was Northgate Capital, a global private equity and venture capital investment firm. The latest infusion of cash will help to support continued expansion of the Budget Maestro suite of products and fuel sales and marketing to continue the company's consistent double digit growth trajectory.
- Salt Lake City-based Health Catalyst bagged a $70M Series E funding round led by Norwest Venture Partners, a lead investor in three previous rounds, and UPMC, a healthcare provider and insurer who is also a Health Catalyst customer. Health Catalyst is a data warehousing, analytics and outcomes improvement company that plans to use the additional funding to expand their outcomes solutions product suite.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: globalfinancialfunding.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
CharityVest has raised $2.3M; Konnecto landed $3.5M; Flyreel secured $10Read more...
Sofia, Metagenomi, Strava, Elevation Oncology among the companies landing fresh capitalRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Our experience makes us realistic about how businesses unfold, and we can advise our portfolio companies at all phases of growth. Our size, global presence and heritage enable us to offer our venture capital and growth equity portfolio companies high-level, long-term assistance.