Harrison.ai raised $92.3 million USD, Droplette secured $15.4M,Read more...
Poseida Therapeutics secured $23M; Bellhops, Inc raised $13.5M; PastBook received $380k financing
- PastBook, an Amsterdam based social media memory preservation platform, raised an additional $380,000 in seed funding. Backers included various angel investors and Vortex Capital Partners. The company, which has raised $870,000 in total funding to date, is currently in the process of raising its Series A funding.
- Goodwall SA has raised $2.1 million to help students understand what they need beyond getting good grades and high test scores to get into a good college or university. Goodwall, which is a graduate of the MassChallenge accelerator in Boston, raised its seed funding from F.A.E., Fongit, Verve Capital and angel investors. Goodwall makes a social network where students 14 to 18 years old can create profiles and boast about their skills and achievements. The idea is to give them a space for details they wouldn’t share on other social apps like Snapchat, Facebook or Instagram.
- Gurgaon-based online recharge and mobile wallet company MobiKwik has raised additional funding of INR 44 crore (US$ 6.6 million) from existing investors Sequoia Capital and Tree Line Asia, says a report by The Economic Times. Singapore’s Temasek-owned venture debt firm InnoVen Capital has also joined the round with INR12 crore (US$1.81 million), which Mobikwik plans to use for working capital requirements. Other existing investors, including American Express and Cisco, are also expected to make additional investments.
- Bellhops, Inc., a Chattanooga, Tennessee-based platform for moving services, raised $13.5 million in funding. According to a regulatory filing with the SEC, six unnamed investors paticipated in the offering. Founded in 2013, Bellhops provides a mobile and online platform for on-schedule moving and lifting services via athletic students (not moving companies) in over 135 U.S. cities.
- San Diego startup Poseida Therapeutics Inc. has raised $23 million in equity financing according to a recent form filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Poseida Therapeutics (a spinoff of Lexington-based Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals) is currently developing gene therapies for certain kinds of liver disease and cancer. The company also has an alliance with Janssen Biotech to develop various cancer treatments. Nishan de Silva, Poseida’s president and chief operating officer, confirmed that the $23 million equity financing includes Malin’s $20 million investment.
- Nanjing city, Jiangsu province-based rural e-commerce start-up Huitongda has completed RMB500 million (US$77 million) series A+ round of financing from Jiangsu Coastal Capital and Huaxia Life Insurance Co., Ltd., according to Chinese media reports. The round follows a RMB500 million (US$77 million) series A completed in June this year. Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Inc. was reportedly an investor in the series A round. The company says it plans to expand its registered retail stores to over 50,000 and also enter the consumer loans area next year.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: inc.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Amazon Health sells healthcare services to Hilton; Athenahealth acquired for $17 BillionRead more...
How Microsoft can transform healthcare delivery; Trusted has raised $94M; Aptihealth landed $50Read more...