Capsule raised $300M; Mux landed $105M; Ceribell secured $53M; UCM Digital picks up $5.5MRead more...
Tastemade raised $40M; Rivigo secured $30M; Songkick raised $10M funding
- Funnely, a San Francisco, CA-based provider of a platform for e-commerce marketers to increase ROI by automating Facebook/Instagram ads, raised $988,000 in seed funding. The round was led by Verizon Ventures with participation from 500 Startups, MITS Fund and Pallasite Ventures. The company intends to use the funds to expand product development, sales and marketing efforts.
- Matcherino, an eSports engagement platform, announced today $1.25 million in funding led by Madrona Venture Group with participation from Vulcan Capital and angels. Matcherino is building a platform that promotes streamers while giving fans the ability to discover and fund matches they want to see. Matcherino is well-positioned to play a key role in the $3.8 billion video game content market. This new platform helps connect players, fans, brands and streaming platforms such as Twitch or YouTube Gaming.
- A U.K. startup that creates DIY gadget-building kits for kids, Technology Will Save Us has closed a £1.2 million ($1.8 million) seed round led by SaatchInvest, with participation from European seed-stage VC fund Backed, along with a handful of other individual investors. Today’s announcement follows the previous £750,000 ($1.1 million) in angel and grant funding the company received from Google, Nesta, SaatchInvest, and some angels. The fresh cash influx will be used to expand the company’s DIY product range and build more retailer partnerships.
- Full Circle Insights, Inc., makers of marketing performance management solutions, today announced a Series B funding round that will provide additional resources to expand the company's sales and marketing initiatives and support customer success with new products and services. Aligned Partners led the $4.7 million round with participation from Salesforce Ventures.
- Depositphotos, a New York-based stock photo platform with Eastern European origins, announces a $5 million funding round led by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) via the EBRD Venture Capital Investment Programme. Previous investor TMT Investments has also participated in the round. Agreed last month, the transaction will be completed until the end of the year.
- Atheer, a company that builds augmented reality glasses and software for the enterprise, today announced that it has acquired Portland’s OnTheGo Platforms (OTG). OTG has long specialized in building a gesture recognition system that can work on any mobile devices with a standard camera. The five-person company has taken funding from a number of prominent investors since it launched in 2012, totaling $3.09 million.
- Songkick, a company behind the eponymous cross-platform app that lets you track when and where all your favorite bands are playing live, has raised an additional $10 million in funding from Access Industries. Founded in 2007, Songkick had previously raised $32.6 million from a range of notable investors, including Y Combinator, Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, and Access Industries.
- PatSnap, a Singapore-based provider of intellectual property analytics and management software, raised $10 million in funding. Summit Partners made the investment. The company intends to use the funds to continue to scale its business around the world. Founded in 2007 by CEO Jeffrey Tiong, PatSnap provides web-based intellectual property analytics and management software built on a database of global patents and intellectual property.
- Signavio GmbH, a provider of SaaS-based business process and decision management technology, today announced the completion of a €31 million (approximately $33.6 million) minority investment from global growth equity investor Summit Partners. The investment will help Signavio expand its international footprint and continue its very strong growth trajectory.
- In the Series B round of funding, led by SAIF Partners, Rivigo has raised $30 million with equity and debt financing. The platform aims to leverage the raised capital to achieve its target of scaling 10 times in the next 12 months. The logistics platform provides delivery services at a pan-India level including otherwise difficult geographies such as the North East and Eastern parts of India.
- Tastemade has raised $40 million in a round led by Goldman Sachs, as well as earlier investors that include Comcast*, Redpoint, Raine and Scripps. is a video network built for the mobile generation where Tastemakers come together to discover and share their passion for great food and travel. The company says it now has a 100 million viewers watching a billion clips a month.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: sbsri.sbs.arizona.edu
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Vectra AI raised $130M; Solidia Technologies landed $78M; Capsida Biotherapeutics secured $50M; KeepRead more...
Automox raised $110M; Step landed $100M; Placer.ai secured $50M; Aleo picks up $28MRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Geoff Yang introduces Redpoint Ventures, a VC formed in 1999 with partners from Brentwood Venture Capital and Institutional Venture Partners. These two firms have been successfully investing in technology since the early days of venture capital. The team behind Redpoint has collective experience of over $2 billion under management - with 32 IPOs and 54 upside acquisitions.
In a 2nd video, Scott Raney, partner with Redpoint Ventures, tells what the firm looks
for when evaluating investments in the mobile applications market, and
gives tips for entrepreneurs looking for funding.
Joined Vator on
500 Startups is an early-stage seed fund and incubator program located in Mountain View, CA. They invest primarily in consumer & SMB internet startups, and related web infrastructure services. Their initial investment size is typically $25K-$250K.
Selected areas of interest include financial services & e-commerce, search/social/mobile platforms, personal & business productivity, education & language, family & healthcare and web infrastructure.