NeedsList raised $1M; Novi Money secured $3 M; Payveris closed $7M; Zava landed $32MRead more...
RiverMend Health secured $60M; X4 Pharmaceuticals bagged $37.5M; MST3K Kickstarter raised $5.76M
- Missoula-based Submittable Holdings Inc. raised $1.34 million in Series A venture funding for an app that makes it easy for media companies, publishers, schools and grant-giving organizations to accept and review submissions online. Next Frontier Capital, a firm that invests exclusively in Montana-based tech startups, led the Series A investment in Submittable, joined by Knight Foundation Enterprise Fund, Flywheel Ventures, K5 Ventures and individuals.
- Private jet and helicopter operator Jetsetgo Aviation Services Pvt. Ltd said it has raised an undisclosed amount from Puneet Dalmia, managing director of Dalmia Bharat Ltd, who invested in his personal capacity. A company executive, who did not want to be identified, said the amount is close to $2 million. The funding will be used to expand the company’s ground presence in key airports, launch inter-city private jet shuttles, air ambulance services and an online platform for helicopter bookings.
- SketchDeck, a two-year-old design service for marketing and sales teams, has raised $1.7 million in new funding. The round comes 10 months after the startup raised $500,000 from investors. Backers include Matrix Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Blue Capital, Arnold Capital and Flight VC.
- TransferGo has secured a $2.5 million investment, which it says is the largest round of seed funding in the money transfer space. TransferGo’s digital remittance service is designed to enable faster, cheaper and more convenient international money transfers. The new round of financing was led by Mark Ransford, a former investor at Apax Partners, Voria Fattahi, a former investor at Kinnevik, Clive Kahn, the former CEO of Travelex, and Richard Tudor, a former partner at Exponent. Practica Capital also participated.
- CapriCoast has raised $.3.5 million in Series A from existing investor Accel Partners and Singapore-based firm RB Investments. The e-tailor for online modular furnishing will use the raised funds to broaden and accelerate product development and to expand its sales, marketing and hiring efforts. The company’s head of marketing and sales Jidesh Haridas, will take up the role of chief operating officer (COO).
- Pixvana, a virtual reality (VR) technology startup, launched today with a $6 million investment led by Madrona Venture Group with participation from Paul Allen’s Vulcan Capital, and angel investors. Pixvana is developing a cloud-based technology platform that dramatically improves the immersive video viewing experience for VR and augmented reality (AR) applications across a broad set of viewing devices, and is coming to market in 2016.
- Seattle-based startup, Mazlo, today announced a $10 million funding round from Polaris Partners to help fuel development and marketing of its self-improvement platform that offers two-week classes about everything ranging from mindfulness meditation to conversational agility. Mazlo is named after famous American psychologist Abraham Maslow, who invented the concept of hierarchy of needs and is considered the founder of “positive psychology.”
- Cloudyn, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based provider of multi-cloud monitoring and optimization solutions, raised $11 million in Series B funding. The round was led by Carmel Ventures with participation from existing investors Titanium Investments and RDSeed. In addition to the funding, Ronen Nir, a general partner at Carmel, joined Cloudyn’s board of directors. The company intends to use the funds to increase its market share in North America and global markets, its brand, as well as continue advancing its solutions.
- Vidyo, Inc., a Hackensack, N.J.-based provider of visual communications solutions, received $15 million in funding. This included a $10 million strategic investment from Kaiser Permanente Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of Kaiser Permanente, and a $5 million investment from existing investors Menlo Ventures, Rho Ventures, Sevin Rosen Funds, QuestMark Partners. The company will use the funds to accelerate growth in vertical markets.
- RealityMine, a provider of mobile market research technologies and consumer analytics, announced today it has received a $17.25 million growth equity investment from Kennet Partners, a growth equity firm that invests in successful, high-growth companies in Europe and North America. The investment will be used by RealityMine to further technology advancements in the areas of mobile and cross-platform measurement, as well as behavioral analytics.
- AltheaDx, Inc., a leading personalized medicine company, today announced it has raised $30 million in Series C financing led by WuXi Healthcare Ventures (“WXHV”). Among the firms joining WXHV are new investors WuXi PharmaTech, Ally Bridge Group and ALMA Life Sciences. This investment will enable the company to invest in prospective outcome trials for its IDgenetix® testing portfolio and expand its commercial capabilities.
- X4 Pharmaceuticals, a Cambridge, Mass.-based clinical stage biotechnology company, raised $37.5 million in Series A financing. Maxim Merchant Capital, a wholly owned division of Maxim Group LLC, served as the sole placement agent for the financing, with Cormorant Asset Management serving as lead investor. Henri Termeer, the former Chairman, president and CEO of Genzyme, is a founding advisor and investor in X4.
- RiverMend Health, a provider of scientifically driven behavioral health services to those suffering from alcohol and drug dependency, eating disorders and other addiction-related diseases, announced a $60 million round of funding led by Norwest Venture Partners. As part of the new investment, Edmund Bujalski will be appointed as CEO, with Dr. Ryan Harris, Norwest partner, joining as RiverMend Health’s chairman of the board and Dr. Mark Gold as chairman of the RiverMend Health Scientific Advisory Board.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image source: venturebeat.com
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Strand Therapeutics raised $6M; Liveoak secured $8M; FormAssembly landed $10M; TrueLayer closed $35MRead more...
Sheltr raised $3.2M; Moleaer landed $5 M; AnyRoad closed $9.2M; Georges secured $11.2MRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Our experience makes us realistic about how businesses unfold, and we can advise our portfolio companies at all phases of growth. Our size, global presence and heritage enable us to offer our venture capital and growth equity portfolio companies high-level, long-term assistance.