Silk and Sonder raised $3.6M; SenseHawk landed $5.1M; ThoughtRiver secured $10MRead more...
Meili Jinrong received $65M; Innit landed $25M; TicketManager secured $20M funding
- Wirex Limited, a London, U.K.-based company that produces the bitcoin debit card E-Coin, has announced a successful fundraising effort at BnkToTheFuture, the online investment platform. The campaign raised $186,596 from 93 investors. E-Coin, a virtual debit card and multi-signature wallet, allows users to spend and transfer bitcoin in cards denominated in USD, EURO, and GBP currencies and will be adding additional currencies.
- AppTweak S.A., a Brussels, Belgium-based provider of an app store optimization web site, raised €500,000 (approximately $537,000) in seed funding. Backers included Belgian group network Be Angels including a group of investors operated by the international investment platform Go Beyond, and Belgian media group Rossel. The company intends to use the funds to develop new features including its own API, sales and dev team expansion and the implementation of more languages.
- Gurgaon-based grocery retailer, SatvaCart has raised seed funding of Rs 10-12 crore (approximately $1.8 million) in its second angel round. The funding was led by three senior executives in the insurance, telecom and investment banking sectors, whose names have not been disclosed. Existing investors including Palaash Ventures have also participated in the round. The raised capital would be used to expand the company’s services to other cities.
- London-headquartered Chargifi, which is building out a wireless charging network announced a $2.7 million Series A round led by Intel Capital, who can also be seen as a strategic investor given that the chipmaker is on the cusp of building wireless charging into its latest chipsets. Others backing Chargifi include Techstars, R/GA Ventures, and ZipCar founder Brett Akker.
- Berlin IoT technology startup relayr, the company behind the nifty product prototyping and development tool Wunderbar, has raised $11 million in funding in a round led by renowned Silicon Valley investor Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers. Other investors in the Series A round include Munich Venture Partners and Tom Noonan, an executive at Cisco. Relayr raised smaller rounds of funding in the past, including from Startupbootcamp.
- Gurgaon-based food venture Yuvi Hospitality said it had raised $15 million (about Rs 100 crore) from Chandralekha Construction, a real estate firm, which has worked on projects in the national capital region like Wave City, Jaypee Greens & Wave One. The firm will use the funds to open 10 premium dining lounges and cafes pan-India. It said it had invested Rs 6-7 crore in German-USA war themed eatery ‘Molecule’.
- TicketManager, a leading provider of ticket and invitation management applications for companies of all sizes, aims to bring all aspects of customer entertainment together into an easy to use application integrated across CRM, email and mobile technologies. The firm has secured a $20 million Series B round of financing led by Kayne Partners and Point Judith Capital to expand into new markets and accelerate growth.
- Smart kitchen startup Innit revealed $25 million in funding Thursday at the Smart Kitchen Summit in Seattle. The founders and undisclosed strategic investors contributed to the round. CEO Kevin Brown, President Eugenio Minvielle and Francisco Deolarte, chief development officer, co-founded the newly formed Redwood City-based company to build a cloud-based platform that connects food to appliances, devices and users in order to enhance how users select, prepare and cook food.
- A Beijing-based start-up announced on Thursday it has received series A financing as high as $65 million, one of the largest in China in the past year. According to Meili Jinrong, an online P2P platform with a focus on consumer finance, the round of financing is led by Bertelsmann Asia Investments. The other five investors include Morningside Ventures and GX Capital.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to email@example.com.
Image Source: venturebeat.com
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Anima has raised $2.5M; Avo landed a $3M; Reserved.AI secured $3.3M; Aspinity picks up $5.3Read more...
Peer Medical raised $1.2M; Carewell landed $5M; Boundless Immigration secured $7.5MRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Whether you're seed stage or ready for growth, Intel Capital can help take it to the next level. Since 1991, we have invested more than US$10.8 billion in over 1,250 companies in 54 countries. Our company building focus has resulted in more than 200 of our portfolio companies going public on exchanges all over the world and over 300 being acquired or participating in a merger.