IVX Health raised $100M; Statespace landed $50M; Alpha Medical secured $24MRead more...
Marilyn Monroe Spas received $20M; Navigating Cancer raised $10M; Vurb secured $2M
- C4 Imaging LLC, a company that develops innovative medical devices that enable clinicians to personalize patient treatment through accurate, image-guided procedures, announced it has been awarded a $1.32 Million Phase II Small Business Innovation Research ("SBIR") grant from the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health ("NIH"). Entitled "Multi-Modality MRI/CT Markers for Improved Assessment of Prostate Cancer," the Phase II SBIR award will help fund the development of an enhanced multi-modality imaging marker based on C4 Imaging's commercially available Sirius™ MRI Marker.
- Tennis champion Andy Murray has made multiple investments on Seedrs, an equity crowdfunding platform in Europe, after joining the firms advisory board in June. The world number two identified three British businesses he wanted to back on the crowdfunding platform and has invested an undisclosed amount into all of them. Murray plans to make further investments as part of his strategic relationship with Seedrs.
- Health portal startup Navigating Cancer has raised another $10 million as the Seattle company continues to grow and offer more tools to help cancer patients engage with doctors and track their treatment. The the money, the company plans to roughly double from 30 employees to 60. It’s also working to expand its Seattle office space. The $10 million funding round was led by Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, ORIX Healthcare Capital and existing investor Rustic Canyon Partners.
- Vurb, a San Francisco, CA-based platform that Vurb connects apps to bring favorite people, places, and things together, secured $2 million in additional funding. Backers included Tencent, Vivi Nevo, and Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff. This round brought total funding to over $10 million. In August 2014, the company had raised $8 million in Series A funding from Redpoint Ventures. Other investors include Paypal Co-Fouder Max Levchin, Dropbox Founder Drew Houston, and other venture capital firms.
- GuiaBolso, a Sao Paolo, Brazil-based personal finance management platform, raised a third round of funding totaling $7 million. The round was led by Ribbit Capital, with participation from Omidyar Network, QED Investors, Ed Baker, Mark Goines, Peter Kellner, Kaszek Ventures, e.Bricks and Valor Capital. The company intends to use the funds to further accelerate growth, with the goal of reaching five million users by the end of 2016 and offering more financial tools and products for Brazilians.
- Marilyn Monroe Spas, a national brand with 10 locations currently open in four states serving 70,000 customers, received a $20 million investment in its latest round of capital infusion from for the high-growth brand. Including this $20 million investment, Marilyn Monroe™ Spas has raised more than $36 million capital to date. The $20 million investment will help accomplish domestic and global expansion plans, including the franchising of the brand’s Nail Lounges and Glamour Rooms.
- Avegant, the maker of Glyph, a media headset that supports 3-D and virtual reality content, has secured $24 million to increase manufacturing and begin shipping the headsets by the end of 2015, Venture Capital Dispatch has learned. Chinese mobile Internet company Hangzhou Liaison Interactive Information Technology Co. Ltd. led the Series B round, marking continued investor enthusiasm for consumer electronics and the latest sign that the virtual reality market is maturing.
- RNTS Media, an independent mobile ad tech company, has raised as much as 150 million euros, or $169 million, in a convertible bond to continue the company’s expansion into the global mobile advertising technology market.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: techinasia.com
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
TrueLayer raised $130M; Clickhouse landed $50M; Near Space Labs secured $13MRead more...
Biden administration seeks to expand telehealth; BetterUp acquires Motive and ImpraiseRead more...