Jenny Life raised $3.5M; SteadyMD closed $6M; Zucara Therapeutics landed $21MRead more...
GrabTaxi secured $400M; The Honest Company raised $100M; Massdrop bagged $40M
- The Honest Company, the subscription service that offers eco-friendly baby and family products, has long been seen as a potential IPO candidate. Now comes a bit of news that be a sign that the day is coming soon. The company, which was founded by Brian Lee and actress Jessica Alba, has just raised a $100 million funding round, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday. Previous investors in the company include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, General Catalyst Partners and ICONIQ Capital.
- Social networking app VoxWeb has raised an amount of $100,000 (Rs.65 lakh) in its seed round of funding from Jitendra Gupta, the cofounder and managing director of Citrus Pay. Founded in 2014 by former JP Morgan executive Yash Mishra and incubated in IIT Kharagpur, the startup recently launched its iOS and Android apps. It is a mobile app that allows users to attach a voice clip to pictures taken on their smartphones. The Mumbai startup has launched its service in India, Europe and in the US. Presently it is targeting to launch in South Korea, Japan and the African continent over the coming 6-8 weeks, as reported by ET.
- Betaout that makes marketing personalization software for ecommerce companies, nabbed $500,000 in seed round of funding from entrepreneurs & investors in India and US. Angel investors in this round include Snapdeal cofounders Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal, Anupam Mittal of People Group, Phanindra Sama of ex redBus fame, Pallav Nadhani of Fusion Charts, Girish Mathrubootham of Freshdesk, Vishay Shekhar Sharma of Paytm, and Amit Ranjan of Slideshare among others.
- Gurgaon-based online grocery ordering app, BigZop is in final talks to raise $600,000 in its seed funding round for expansion to more areas in north India and even in eastern parts of the country by the end of this year. The investors are based in Delhi and Bengaluru, but their names are still undisclosed. The startup was launched in June 2015 by IIT Kharapur alumnus Aaditya Goyal, Mayank Bana and Subhajit Ray. It offers items from categories ranging from fruits & vegetables, grocery, beverages, personal care, household and dairy. The company claims to be processing 100+ orders per day for the last two months.
- Zionsville-based Clear Software LLC, which makes business software simpler to use, landed about $1 million in venture capital in its first venture funding round. The venture funding was facilitated by Chicago-based David A. Noyes & Co. It involves multiple investors including Elevate Ventures, a not-for-profit investment group that runs the Indiana Angel Network Fund.
- ChatID, a true SaaS platform that facilitates the conversation between retailers, brands and consumers, closed an $11.23 million in Series B funding. The round, led by Costanoa Venture Capital, brings ChatID's total funding to $19.2 million, after a $2 million seed round and $6 million series A round, led by FirstMark Capital and Mack Capital in March 2014.
- Ascentage Pharma Group Corp. Ltd. raised $15.5 million in a series A round led by Oriza Seed Capital and YuanMing Capital. EFung Capital; BioVenture Capital; Grains Valley Venture Capital; and undisclosed investors also participated. Ascentage's lead candidate is AT-101, a small molecule pan inhibitor of the Bcl-2 family of proteins. The candidate is in Phase II trials to treat chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). Ascentage CEO Dajun Yang told BioCentury the company will use the funds for clinical studies of Bcl-2/Bcl-XL inhibitor APG-1252 and Mdm2 p53 binding protein homolog (MDM2; HDM2) inhibitor APG-115 in the U.S. and China. Yang said the company also will advance APG-1387, an antagonist of IAP (inhibitor of apoptosis) that is in Phase I trials in China and Australia.
- Tuhu, a Chinese online platform for automobile services and products, secured about $100 million from a group of investors including venture capital firm Joy Capital, looking to expand its distribution network and warehouses.
- Avalon Solutions Group, a technology company focused on the development of Software as a Service (SaaS) based solutions to support merchant payment processes for small businesses, announced a $5 million capital raise that will further fuel the company’s success. Avalon Solutions will use this investment to finance the company’s growth and achieve aggressive merchant acquisition goals
- Southeast Asia’s transportation app GrabTaxi now has new ammunition to battle against Uber and Go-Jek. The Singapore-headquartered startup has raised $400 million in a round led by China Investment Corp (CIC), China’s sovereign wealth fund. With the new round, GrabTaxi is said to be worth between US$1.6 billion and US$1.8 billion post-money.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: webdesign.org
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
AristaMD raised $18M; Doctor Anywhere closed $27M; Orion Labs landed $29MRead more...
Air Doctor has raised $7.8M; Inteluck has raised more than $5MRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
With $7 billion of committed capital, IVP is one of the premier later-stage venture capital and growth equity firms in the United States. Founded in 1980, IVP has invested in over 300 companies, 106 of which have gone public. IVP is one of the top-performing firms in the industry and has a 36-year IRR of 43.2%. IVP specializes in venture growth investments, industry rollups, founder liquidity transactions, and select public market investments. IVP investments include such notable companies as AppDynamics (CSCO), Business Insider (Axel Springer), Buddy Media (CRM), Casper, Compass, Datalogix (ORCL), Domo, Dropbox, Dropcam (GOOG), Fleetmatics (FLTX), GitHub, HomeAway (AWAY), The Honest Company, Kayak (PCLN), Klarna, LegalZoom, LifeLock (LOCK), Marketo (MKTO), Mindbody (MB), MySQL (ORCL), Netflix (NFLX), Omniture (ADBE), Personal Capital, Pure Storage (PSTG), Slack, Snap (SNAP), SoFi, Supercell (SoftBank), Tanium, Twitter (TWTR), Yext (YEXT), ZipRecruiter, and Zynga (ZNGA). For more information, visit www.ivp.com or follow IVP on Twitter: @ivp.
Joined Vator on
The Honest Company (www.Honest.com), founded by Jessica Alba, Christopher Gavigan, Brian Lee and Sean Kane, was created to ensure that parents have access to non-toxic, eco-friendly, effective and beautiful family products that don't break the bank. Honest.com offers essentials for every family member including diapers, wipes, bath, skin care, home cleaning and health & wellness products conveniently door-delivered through a monthly subscription service of customized product bundles or single item purchase. As a certified B Corporation, The Honest Company strives to promote sustainability, engage employees and community, and support non-profit initiatives working to solve critical health and social issues affecting children and families. Available in the U.S. and Canada.
Joined Vator on
Lightspeed Venture Partners is a technology-focused venture capital firm that manages $1.3 billion of capital commitments. We closed Lightspeed VII, a $480 million fund, at the end of 2005. Over the past two decades, our partners have invested in more than 120 companies, many of which have gone on to become leaders in their respective industries. Our team invests in the U.S. and internationally from offices in Menlo Park, China, India, and Israel.
We are proud to have partnered with many exceptional management teams. Our investment professionals have contributed domain expertise and operational experience to help build high-growth, market-leading companies such as Blue Nile (NILE), Brocade (BRCD), Ciena (CIEN), DoubleClick (DCLK), Informatica (INFA), Kiva Software (acquired by AOL), Openwave (OPWV), Quantum Effect Devices (acquired by PMCS), Sirocco (acquired by SCMR), and Waveset (acquired by SUNW). Some of our recent exits include the top-performing tech IPO of 2006, Riverbed Technology (RVBD), and the top enterprise software acquisition of 2006, Virsa Systems (acquired by SAP).
Visit our website at www.lightspeedvp.com