TriggerMesh raised $3M; DoctorLogic landed $7M; Sayari Labssecured $9M; Placer.ai picks up $12MRead more...
Xiaozhu closed $60M; TrapX raised $9M; Airbitz landed $450K
- TrapX is a company in the deception space that has figured out a way to make it both lightweight and affordable. The company raised $9 million in a Series B round of funding led by investors Intel Capital and Liberty Venture Capital, with current investors BRM Group and Opus Capital. TrapX has previously raised a $5 million round, bringing its total funding to $14 million. The company will use this new funding to grow out its team.
- Footprints Childcare Pvt. Ltd., which runs full day childcare and preschool chain, raised Rs 4.25 crore ($671,800) led by Vinay Kumar Bansal, director at Step Ahead Ventures and Kshitij Jain, the founder of mobile enterprise application firm Mobolt which has been recently acquired by Indeed.com. The money has been raised through equity crowd-funding platform LetsVenture. The company did not disclose details about other investors.
- Airbitz Inc., a San Diego, CA-based Bitcoin wallet provider, secured $450,000 in funding. Blockchain venture firm Block26 joined Airbitz’ Board of Directors while leading a $1,250,000 seed round expected to close later this summer.
- Mark Cuban, the Dallas Mavericks owner, has teamed up with Tom DiBenedetto, a limited partner in the Boston Red Sox, and USA Funds to invest $1.5 million in Copley Retention Services. The Weston, FL-based company offers an early warning system that alerts college officials about students who may not be on track to graduate. Other participants in the A1 round include Bob Dowdell, Steve Fireng, Jack Larson and Education Ventures LLC.
- Athens, Greece-based mobile survey platform, Pollfish closed a Series A funding round of $2.5 million. The round was led by Odyssey Investment Partners, PJ Catalyst, Woodside Group and several unnamed angel investors. It brings total funding to $2.8 million since the company was founded in n 2013. Pollfish says the new capital will be used for continued U.S. expansion.
- ActLight SA, the creator of the next generation photo diode, closed a Series A financing round with an investor group comprising of Swisscom Ventures and the business angel networks Investiere, Go Beyond and BAS. Actlight has developed a photo diode solution, which delivers significantly higher sensitivity combined with dramatically reduced power consumption as well as lower manufacturing and design costs. The company will leverage the new round of funding to continue enhancing its products and to further expand co-operation with partners and customers.
- New York-based app Once received a $3.5 million seed round from Partech Ventures and some private investors to help you find your soulmate by getting away from having multiple dating options.
- BitFury Group, a San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Amsterdam, the Netherlands-based Bitcoin Blockchain infrastructure provider and transaction processing company, secured $20 million in funding. Backers included DRW Venture Capital, iTech Capital and Georgian Co-Investment Fund. The company intends to use the funds to accelerate growth and its technology and business expansion.
- Xiaozhu, a Beijing-based home-rental site founded in 2012, closed a $60 million worth of investments, making it the latest Chinese startup to lure investors to the country's booming "sharing" economy. Among the investors in the fundraising are Morningside Venture Capital, Joy Capital, Magic Stone Alternative and Citic Capital Venture Partners. The recent fundraising round valued the technology startup at over $300 million.
- Kreditech, an online finance startup that loans money to consumers who have little or no credit rating, is raising $110 million in a Series C round of funding. One part of that has already been secured from one of the better known VCs and entrepreneurs in the startup world. $44 million is coming from investors that include Peter Thiel.
If you are interested in being included in our funding roundup, submit your press release or blog post about your financing round to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image source: communityactionderby.org.uk
Read more from our "Daily Funding Roundup" series
Moov raised $2.4M; Stasher landed $2.5M; Mine secured $3M; Cann picks up $5MRead more...
OnPay raised $6M; Samya.AI landed $6M; Canalyst secured $15.3M; Soft Robotics picks up $23MRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Whether you're seed stage or ready for growth, Intel Capital can help take it to the next level. Since 1991, we have invested more than US$10.8 billion in over 1,250 companies in 54 countries. Our company building focus has resulted in more than 200 of our portfolio companies going public on exchanges all over the world and over 300 being acquired or participating in a merger.