The "idea-to-cloud" platform will streamline the current web hosting offering from OBSRead more...
Bitext, Calais, Klout, Kred, PeekAnalytics among new vendors
Partners in the Markering Cloud ecosystem now include Bitext, Calais, Caterva, Clarabridge Link, EpiAnalytics, Kanjoya, Klout, Kred, LeadSift, Lexalytics, LinguaSys, Lymbix, Metavana, OpenAmplify, PeekAnalytics, Rapleaf, Solariat, Soshio, The SelfService Company and Trendspottr.
"150 million social conversations are happening every day, and now companies are truly able to take social insight and turn it into action by focusing on the conversations that matter," said Michael Lazerow, CMO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, said in a statement.
"Salesforce Marketing Cloud's new social analytics help brands discern signal from noise to deliver real business value."
Saleforce introduced the Marketing Cloud in September, calling it “the most comprehensive suite for social marketing,” which harnesses the power of Radian6 and Buddy Media, two companies purchased by Salesforce earlier this year.
The Marketing Cloud has six features: social listening, content, engagement, advertising, workflow, automation and measurement.
- Social Listening, which offers customers real-time listening at scale From 400+ million social sources, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, online communities, in order to gain actionable insight and uncover marketing opportunities.
- Social Content, which allows customers to create compelling social presences with over 50 social applications available, ranging from contests to video players to photo galleries.
- Social Engagement, an ability for companies to connect with customers on their channel of choice, build a community of advocates by connecting with customers when and where they are most engaged and spark conversations that extend beyond simple text by attaching videos, images and links.
- Social Advertising, which Saleforce customers can use to manage and execute optimized social ad campaigns, including sponsored stories and mobile newsfeed ads.
- Social Workflow and Automation, which gives customers the ability to organize teams, processes by applying sophisticated analysis and rules to organize conversations happening across the web by automatically routing relevant social content, so that they can quickly respond.
- Social Measurement for tracking campaign ROI in one dashboard, which gives marketers the ability to leverage real-time data to adapt campaigns to be more effective, and create new campaigns and show exactly how engagement is driving revenue or other conversions.
The Marketing Cloud basic edition starts at $5,000 per month, and it includes 1,000 partner credits, though additional blocks of 10,000 credits can be now be purchased for an additional $100 per month.
Marketing Cloud social analytics from partners as add-on packages are now available in the Marketing Cloud dashboard.
Salesforce says that the Marketing Cloud, which is available in 17 different languages, is being used by 55% of the Fortune 100. Air Canada, Carnival Cruise Lines, Ford, Hewlett Packard, Southwest Airlines Unilever and the National Football League are among its customers.
San Francisco-based software company Salesforce, founded in 1999, has also made some big acquisitions recently, purchasing online editing platform Stypi for an undisclosed amount in early May.
In June, Saleforce purchased Buddy Media for $689 million. Buddy Media currently helps maintain advertising, ads and pages on social networks. While it is best known for its work with ad-targeting for Facebook, Buddy Media also utilizes Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
In March of 2011, Salesforce bought Canadian social media monitoring platform Radian6 for $326 million.
Salesforce currently has 100,000 customers, and had net income of over $64 million in 2011, out of over $1.6 billion in revenue.
(Image source: https://cloudintegration.wordpress.com)
Read more from our "Trends and news" series
The precision medicine space is expected to grow to over $216.75 billion by 2028Read more...
Mixpanel analyzed four billion actions across multiple websites to gather the dataRead more...
Related Companies, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
Joined Vator on
Salesforce.com is the worldwide leader in on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) services. More companies trust their vital customer and sales data to salesforce.com than any other on-demand CRM company in the world.
Salesforce.com was founded in 1999 by former Oracle executive Marc Benioff, who pioneered the concept of delivering enterprise applications via a simple Web site. Salesforce.com is constantly building on that legacy by improving and expanding our award-winning suite of on-demand applications, our Force.com platform for extending Salesforce, and our one-of-a-kind AppExchange directory of on-demand applications.
Salesforce.com has received considerable recognition in the industry, including:
• Technology of the Year (InfoWorld, 2004, 2005, 2006)
• Editors' Choice Award (PC Magazine, 2002, 2003, 2004)
• Visionary Award (SDForum, 2004)
• Best of the Web (Forbes, 2003)
• CRM Excellence Award (Customer Inter@ction Solutions, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
• Top 100 Innovators Award (BusinessWeek, 2006)
• Innovation Award (AMR Research, 2005)
• CODIE Award for Best CRM (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)