Without your team your dream goes nowhereRead more...
No. 1 mistake: Giving up or Pivoting too quickly
Vator’s community is the home to entrepreneurs who embrace their passion and follow their dreams. Our newly-designed profiles allow members to express themselves by sharing their interests, lessons learned, as well as bits and pieces of their roller-coaster journey.
These profiles give entrepreneurs an opportunity to showcase themselves and tell their story. So if you are an entrepreneur, a serial entrepreneur, or even an aspiring entrepreneur, we'd like to hear from you.
Ideate. Change. Impact.
Square, Twitter, Path, Uber
The fascinating highs and the lowest lows. It's a journey of relationships, ideation, and creation.
- Giving up or Pivoting too quickly
- Not thinking business model
- Hiring only based on need
1. Team is your family. Make sure everyone on the team is either super smart or super motivated. Ideally, both.
- Team requirement #1: Smart/ Talented. Doesn't matter what the need is, if someone smart wants to be a part of it let them in. Super smart people fill multiple holes. You get Kobe even if you have Jordan on your team.
- Team requirement #2: Desire to bring change and innovate is in their DNA. Motivation is not needed. You don't think hours worked, but think "F**k, I didn't get to it today".
2. Balancing life. There is no life, you have to breathe your startup. So there is no question of balancing life. Work hard, play hard, and enjoy the ride.
3. Pay it forward. It's amazing how many people will want to help you and will ask for help. Embrace the randomness.
(Want to be profiled? Just fill out your Vator profile and we'll find you! Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Support VatorNews by Donating
Read more from our "Today's Entrepreneur" series
Our vision is to empower millions of people to care for their loved onesRead more...
Learn who you are, why you are here, and the legacy you want to leave behind.Read more...