|2007 Stanford , MBA|
|2000 Georgetown , BS|
I believe good teams can solve hard problems.
Wealthfront, TrunkClub, Bonobos
Same thing -- testing your courage and conviction.
Giving up too soon.
1) Start with the mission first, not the idea.
2) Love your team more than your idea.
3) Job #1 of an entrepreneur is to never lose faith.
4) Job #2 is to listen to all of the great advice and then figure out what to take seriously and what to ignore.
5) Don't forget that your most important investor is your spouse.
6) You don't have to follow directions
Jackson Gates is the CEO and co-founder of Sweep, a forward-looking mobile finance app that helps consumers get ahead of their bills, expenses and savings goals so they never have to budget again. Over the past 15+ years, Jackson has been involved in technology startups at all levels including CEO, founder, EIR, advisor, executive and investor. As an operator Jackson served as VP of Business Development at Pandora and VP of Business Development at Edmodo. As an investor, Jackson worked at Vulcan Capital and Tenaya Capital. And as an entrepreneur he is the co-founder of Sweep and spent time as an EIR at Venrock. He received his MBA from Stanford and his bachelors from Georgetown University.