Eileen Gordon Chiarello is an entrepreneur and business partner with her husband, Chef Michael Chiarello. Together they have created a media, hospitality, farming and retail universe for sustainably minded foodies, travelers, and artisan product lovers. From award winning restaurants to Emmy-winning Food Network television shows to organic vineyards and winery, Eileen has driven brand/marketing and her husband has driven product and experience. Prior to full immersion in the food world, Eileen savored her role as Apple's K-12 Education Evangelist, then joined Tenth Planet, a small team of educators to develop award winning Math curriculum for elementary schools. She has a passion for media, learning, youth-empowered environments and sustainable living. She designed the Dirt-to-Dine adventure camp to offer kids an exciting opportunity to discover first-hand where sustainable food comes from, and to thrive as they enjoyed cultivting, harvesting and cooking it.
Her new business is called Barnraiser, a social and funding platform for food innovators and consumers of sustainable food and farming.
* Acclaimed restaurants Bottega (Napa Valley) & Coqueta (SF);
* NapaStyle, a multi-channel lifestyle brand
* Emmy-winning TV on Food Network, Cooking, Lifetime, Bravo & more
* Chef Chiarello branded cookbooks and artisan foods products
* Chiarello Family Vineyards, sustainable farm and winery