Vator held its annual Splash Health, Wellness & Wearables 2017 event on Thursday, and it couldn't have gone better. Not only were the panelists, and all of our presenting companies great, but so were all of our audience members, who helped us to preserved the memory of the event on Twitter forever.
Here are some highlights from our attendees on Twitter:
- Splash Talk - The Future of Health & Medicine: Where Can Technology Take Us?
Daniel Kraft (Faculty Chair for Medicine & Neuroscience, Singularity University; Founder & Chair, Exponential Medicine)
- Fireside Keynote - Matching patients with doctors; What would it be like if our doctors were perfectly matched to who we are and to our needs? With the plethora of personalized data, this kind of matching making is becoming a reality.
- The doctor will see you now; Advances in wearables, augmented reality, mobile and how it’s changing our interaction with our physicians.
Moderator: Sarah Buhr (Reporter, TechCrunch); Panelists: Ian Shakil (Founder & CEO, Augmedix), Ron Gutman (Founder & CEO, HealthTap), Sami Inkinen (Founder& CEO, Virta Health), Arnaud Bernaert (Head of Global Health and Healthcare, World Economic Forum)
- Splash Talk - The future of care; What will work and what won't?
Dr. Robert Pearl (CEO, The Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente)
- Fireside Keynote - Staying human while becoming immortal; A baby born today can expect to live twice as long as one born in the 19th century. We’ve come a long way. But will building the biggest database of genotypes and phenotypes to understand age-related diseases help us to live longer? When will we become the ageless generation and what are the economic and social implications?
- Splash Talk - Building out the artificial pancreas to treat diabetes; Diabetes affects 371 million in the world. It’s one of the top 10 leading causes of death in the US. In 2016, the FDA approved the first artificial pancreas. Are we finally making significant strides?
- Preventative, human-centered care and promoting a healthy lifestyle; There is a positive economic impact that comes from improved healthy living and behaviors. How is artificial intelligence, deep learning and mobile helping us to reduce overall healthcare costs and extend our lives?
Moderator: Stephanie Lee (Senior Technology Reporter, BuzzFeed); Panelists: Michelle Snyder (CMO, Welltok), Sean Duffy (Founder & CEO, Omada Health), Peter Hames (Founder & CEO, Big Health), Stephanie Tilenius (Founder & CEO, Vida Health)
- What healthtech trends are VCs embracing and what are overhyped?
Moderator: Patrick Chung (General Partner, Xfund); Panelists: Rebecca Lynn (Partner, Canvas Ventures), Dave Schulte (Partner, McKesson Ventures), Michael Dixon (Partner, Sequoia Capital, Rebecca Woodcock (Entrepreneur in Residence, 500 Startups)
- Fireside Keynote - Reinventing health insurance; How do we get to affordable and accessible care?
"We don't see a sign that the exchanges are in a death spiral right now." —Oscar Health CEO Mario Schlosser #vatorsplashhealth
— Stephanie M. Lee (@stephaniemlee) March 23, 2017