On Wednesday, April 16 please join the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce for an educational half day economic development program, “illuminating ideas: ENERGY & Sustainability Summit.”
This exciting event will explore how energy, sustainability and green technology are contributing to economic growth in the East Bay and surrounding areas.
Use 'vator' for a 15% discount code.
The program includes a keynote address by the immediate past Chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Jon Wellinghoff and two consecutive panel discussion sessions on Green Infrastructure and Smart, Resilient Cities and Innovative Energy Technology and the Public Private Partnership. Participants will also be treated to an overview of 2014 real estate trends and demographics with an emphasis on the ‘clean and green tech sector’ from Cassidy Turley’s Director of Research, Garrick Brown.
Confirmed Panelists include:
Green Infrastructure and Smart, Resilient Cities
- Arrietta Chakos, Principal, Urban Resilience Strategies
- Mike D'Orazi, Fire Chief, City of Alameda
- Larry Goldzband, Executive Director, BCDC
- Dan Halperin, Director, Distributed Generation, Pacific Gas and Electric
Moderated by: Rebecca Rubin Founder, President and CEO of Marstel-Day, LLC
Innovative Energy Technology and the Public Private Partnership
- Robert R. Davenport, III, Managing Partner, Brightpath Capital Partners
- Susan Robinson, Federal Public Affairs Director and Sustainability Lead, Waste Management
- Richard Sinkoff, Director of Environmental Programs and Planning, Port of Oakland
- Bob Thronson, Vice President, Vigilent
Moderated by: Emily Kirsch, Cofounder and CEO, SfunCube
Sponsors: Chevron, PG&E, Marstel-Day, LLC, Peralta Community College District, Port of Oakland, AC Transit, BART, Cassidy Turley, Community Bank of the Bay, City of Oakland, Matson, Bank of Marin, Southwest Airlines, Colliers International, and Wendel, Rosen, Black and Dean LLP. Media partners: San Francisco Business Times, KBLX Radio, KOIT Radio, Live Work Oakland, Bay Area News Group, and Berkeleyside.
Tickets: $75, Register Today!
Date + Time: April 16, 2014, 7:30am to Noon
Venue: Oakland Convention Center’s Grand Ballroom.
Go online to www.oaklandchamber.com for more information.