Our newly-designed profiles allow members to express themselves by sharing their interests, lessons learned, as well as bits and pieces of their roller-coaster journey.
These profiles give entrepreneurs an opportunity to showcase themselves and tell their story. So if you are an entrepreneur, a serial entrepreneur, or even an aspiring entrepreneur, we'd like to hear from you.
You are a(n):
Name companies you've founded or co-founded:
Founder of myTab.co (myTab Inc)
If you are an entrepreneur, why?
Because all my past efforts have led me to this natural next step. Simply put!
List your favorite startups:
rockmelt, foursquare, quora,
What's most frustrating and rewarding about entrepreneurship/innovation?
Frustrating: not having tech/coding credentials so relying on my team...but that gave me time to work on everything else while they drummed up the genius results
Rewarding: incredible, loyal team who are amazingly patient, work at the speed of light and communicate constantly
What's the No. 1 mistake entrepreneurs make?
This is my 1st start up so I'd prefer to be low key in my feedback: presuming a business will sell itself the second you press the launch button. Pressing that button just is the start of the work load :)
What are the top three lessons you've learned as an entrepreneur?
- That my incredibly retentive traits of organizational skills are a bonus in a start up - not second guessing anything or putting any tasks on the back burner. Pat on the back to me!
- If so many other companies can do it, it can't be that alien. It's a good reinforcement that gives me that extra layer of teflon to achieve great things.
- I now 'get' why industry experts say I have a classic case of entreprenurial'itus disease. There's a huge rush in the process & achievement of launching a start up.
What was your objective behind launching myTab
- To address the lack of loyalty in online travel. There are OTA's (online travel agents), social networking travel sites & recommendation travel sites but when it comes to the crux - the user still is looking for the lowest deal. All these sites are incredible in their own realm individually but the molecules of fitting them together didn't exist until myTab.co came along. myTab completes the full cycle in a simple psychological start-end sequence.
- To seamlessly synch the full user experience whilst providing an easy eco friendly gifting feature (after booking travel) - so all users feel they are involved in the full cycle.