How can Vator help me?
Vator is a community of entrepreneurs, investors and people interested in innovation.
As a registered user you can:
- Connect: Discover, find, connect with and learn from people in the innovation community,
including potential customers, employees, partners, investors, and, of course other entrepreneurs.
- You'll also be alerted to the actions of people you're connected to. So, if your connection, Bob
Smith, starts following a company, you'll be alerted to that action on your homepage.
- Follow: Get information straight from the company, and keep tabs on them directly from your
dashboard or via email updates.
- Participate in the VatorNews newsroom, as a contributor.
- Get the VatorNews newsletter.
- Create your own competition to source startups.
With a company profile you can:
- Share "News Bites" – or short updates about what's happening at your company.
- Drive awareness: You can start getting driving awareness of your company as you build followers.
- Brag: You can have your investors or champions recommend your company for others to see, and say "Wow!"
- Compete: Become one of the dozens of companies that have already won recognition, prizes and
access to top corporate buyers, VCs, and media organizations by participating in a competition.
What is the "News Bites" micro-blog news feed?
"News Bites" is a micro-blogging tool located on company profiles. It allows you (the admins of the
company profile) to send brief (280 character) messages to the people following your company on Vator.
The messages are displayed for your followers on their homepage, and sent via personalized email to them.
If you have company Twitter or Facebook accounts, the messages can also be posted there automatically.
How do I become a recommended company to follow?
Companies selected by Vator editors and who actively post (once a week) are put on the recommended list.
How do I invite someone to have admin/edit rights of my company profile?
- Scroll down to where it says: Company admin/followers.
- Click that button and invite.
How can I keep a company profile private?
You can choose to show your company profile with the entire Vator community or you can choose to
keep your company profile private by setting it to private. Go to your company profile edit page and
How do I change my personal information?
You can change your name, age, and/or add to your personal information by going hitting your name on the top navigation.
How can I change my email address and/or password?
Your e-mail address is found under "Settings" at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Can I delete a comment that I have written on a company profile or a news post?
You can delete the comments you made.
How can I become a Vator contributor in the newsroom?
To become a contributor, go to the newsroom and hit "Become a contributor". You will automatically have
publishing rights and your own channel.
How do I delete my account or profile on Vator?
Please contact [email protected] with your request.
I do not wish to receive additional emails from Vator. How do I unsubscribe?
You can set your email preferences from your account settings page.
What is the Vator, Inc. Refund Policy? How do I cancel a Subscription?
You can find the Vator, Inc. Refund Policy below:
- Vator, Inc. does not offer refunds outside an internal error. If we made a mistake,
we'll work with you to quickly resolve the matter.
- Vator, Inc. shall not be held responsible for overdraft charges incurred from
your financial institution as a result of any purchases or renewals through or
in connection with our Web sites. It is the sole responsibility of you as a customer
to ensure "overdraft fees," "overage fees," or "overlimit" or any other fees from
your financial institution do not occur by taking the necessary action to avoid them.
Vator, Inc. is not liable for any fees incurred due to billing errors.
- Subscriptions are billed on a monthly recurring basis. Your card will be debited
the prorated Subscription purchase amount for the current month plus the full Subscription purchase amount
for the next month on the date of your purchase. If you place your order on the
first of the month, your card will be debited the full Subscription purchase amount for the current
All subsequent renewals will be billed on the first of each month. We charge your
account in advance for each billing cycle. Your account will continue to recur on
the 1st day of each month until canceled.
We will not refund "un‐used" portions of a Subscription. If you decide to cancel,
we simply stop all further billing and your Subscription will expire at the
end of your current billing period (at the end of the current month).
- If we made a mistake with your billing and you need to make an adjustment, contact us at [email protected].
Vator, Inc. Refund Policy - version 1. Last updated September 1, 2009
To cancel a Subscription, contact [email protected] with your request and account details.
Where can I find the Ackrell/Vator Investor Network (AVIN) FAQ?