Stage: Revenue generating
Number of employees: 6-15
Short URL: vator.co/whichbox-media
About WhichBox Media
WhichBox Media is a Software provides a next generation content creation, management and monetization, online publishing, social networking, and social media technology platform, built for publishers and media companies, businesses and the enterprise, organizations, educators. The turnkey whichbox™ Platform isn't an "app" or other singular-focus application. whichbox™ is a fully integrated and feature-deep Platform designed to empower content-rich organizations to manage multiple domain verticals from a single dashboard, manage their content, and its distribution and syndication. Unlike so many great ideas on the web, at whichbox™, monetization is not an afterthought -- it is coded into the whichbox™ DNA.
WhichBox Media Selected by AlwaysOn as a 2010 OnMedia Top 100 Winner
Recognized for creating new opportunities in marketing, branding, advertising, and publishing. Inclusion in the OnMedia 100 signifies leadership amongst its peers and game-changing approaches and technologies likely to disrupt existing markets and entrenched players. (http://whichboxmedia.com/whichbox-media-selected-alwayson-onmedia-top-100-winner)
Primary Business Model:
1) Online Publishing Platform for content publishers
2) Enterprise / Intranet Platform
3) other servicesTarget
1) Publishing, Media, & Companies “with content” and need for audience engagement
3) Enterprise (“intranet” internal use and customer facing applications)
4) Education (eLearning, distance learning)
WhichBox Media's business model derives revenue from four areas:
1. Software as a Service (SaaS), or in our case, Platform as a Service / re-occurring platform licensing to online publishers
2. Advertising and sponsorship supported enthusiast content destinations
3. Ad-network / ad-delivery of contextually relevant ads into the web-properties of our publishing partners and clients.
4. Premium consumer facing services such as fotobox™, our web-to-print solution providing our and our partners users with another way to share their stories.
WhichBox Media is the first to market with its patent pending, all-media stroy telling system and its proprietary, all-inclusive, one-stop-shop, all-in-one (we call that the Eierlegendewollmilchsau) online publishing solution, which is being offered with Monetization as its primary objective.
Other, currently available and possibly competing applications require aggregation of multiple tools to manage even one single domain, will “silo” or segregate content by media type, won’t handle cross-domain publication and management, and don’t provide an integrated dashboard and environment to manage online publishing needs - and don't have monetization and audience growth at their core.