TigerTrade is a business-to-business website that helps firms connect, manage, and grow their business in developing world markets.
Through the TigerTrade website, developing country firms can build profiles, showcase their products, and connect with international buyers. International firms can explore developing world markets on-line, search for partners, and build business relationships to increase distribution and sales.
TigerTrade also provides information, tools, resources, and services needed for international trade and business development.
TigerTrade is launching in the US and Indonesia in November 2010, focusing on the apparel, textiles, footwear, furnishings, and home accessories industries.
Through the TigerTrade website, companies can:
Founder & CEO, Tanjila Islam. Ms. Islam oversees the operations, expansion, and development of TigerTrade. She brings extensive experience as an economic development and international business development expert. Her areas of expertise include SME development, trade and export promotion, market linkages, and facilitating access to finance. She has designed and managed multi-million dollar private sector development programs in countries such as Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Indonesia. She has built businesses and promoted trade efforts worldwide and is adept at managing multiple teams across countries. Her clients include USAID, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, and the Asian Development Bank. Most recently, Ms. Islam served as the Director of Agricultural Trade Fairs for the USAID-funded Accelerating Sustainable Agriculture Program in Afghanistan, where she managed a 50-person team and facilitated multi-million dollar business deals with international buyers. She has an extensive network of international buyers in the US and worldwide. Ms. Islam holds a B.A. from Columbia University, an M.A. from New York University, and an M.I.A. in International Economic Policy from Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs. Ms. Islam speaks Arabic, Bengali, English, and Spanish.
Director, Business Development, Bhavna Lal. Ms. Lal, who manages partnership-building, marketing and outreach, and activities, has over ten years of experience in marketing and sales, partnership-building, international economic development, and applied sustainable development. She supports businesses in devising strategic marketing initiatives in order to enhance brand awareness, increase sale conversion rates, identify advantageous advertising outlets, and create a full assortment of marketing collateral. Ms. Lal served as Manager of the USAID-funded Mongolia Economic Policy Reform and Competitiveness project, where she facilitated a cashmere supplier trip from Mongolia to the U.S. Ms. Lal has managed USAID-funded international development projects across Asia and sub-Saharan Africa, including India, Nepal, Mongolia, Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, and South Africa. Ms. Lal has a B.A. in International Affairs and Politics from The George Washington University and an M.B.A. from Babson College. She speaks English, Hindi, and French.
TigerTrade derives its earnings from membership fees from buyers and suppliers, listing fees from service providers, and advertising from trade events and publications. Silver membership is free and allows access to TigerTrade’s business tools, resources, and trainings. To post a company profile and connect with other firms through TigerTrade’s secure e-portal, companies pay an annual fee for Gold or Platinum membership. TigerTrade vets and certifies all paid premium members to ensure a trusted partner network.
TigerTrade's competitive advantages include:
1) TigerTrade’s knowledge of and focus on developing country markets.
2) TigerTrade’s vetting and rating system for members builds a trusted partner network.
3) TigerTrade's business content. TigerTrade provides access to country and industry profiles and a variety of resources, tools, and trainings to help firms engage in international trade.
4) TigerTrade’s user-friendly website. The TigerTrade website is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it easy to search for potential business partners and find business information.
5) TigerTrade’s partnership approach. TigerTrade's unique business model leverages the private sector, donor-funded, and government-sponsored resources available for business connection and growth and makes them available for businesses in both developed and developing countries.
6) As a social venture, TigerTrade is building a global brand-name as a company with a social commitment to building business, expanding economic opportunities, and catalyzing broad-based economic growth.