TableCrowd is a real life social network where you can meet people over food.
What is TableCrowd?
TableCrowd is a real life social network where you can meet people over food for business networking, common interests, romance or friendship.
People join ‘crowds’ that interest them (e.g. startups or new to town) and then members of the ‘crowd’ organise dinners for the group to meet offline in restaurants. With TableCrowd, users turn online connections into real life relationships.
Our vision is to become the market leader of real life social networks.
What's the opportunity for TableCrowd?
There is an increased need to form new business, platonic and romantic relationships caused by changing social factors, including:
1. Increase in career changes: A job for life is now a thing of the past (average of 10 jobs in a lifetime).
2. Increase in romantic relationships: A partner for life is a thing of the past (marriages are down and divorces are up!).
3. Increase in population mobility for work or personal choice.
This increased need provides an opportunity for a platform that turns online connections into real life relationships - and this is TableCrowd!
The market is 18-60s with online profiles - 32m people in the UK and 150m+ in the US. Our target markets include:
1. People who want to network for business (10m now networking on LinkedIn in the UK).
2. People who are new to town (1.5m people relocating within, or to, the UK each year).
3. People with common interests (2m people with shared interests networking in the UK).
4. Singles (9m people have online dating profiles in the UK).
The social dining market sits between the social networking market and dining out / restaurant market (combined worldwide market valuation in excess of $100bn).
Marketing & user acquisition
We have in-house capability for pay per click and have used Facebook's self service advertising platform since they opened it - and we have used it effectively.
Where are we now?
Our site is live in beta using responsive design, with the launch of our first app imminent.
We have run over 400 tables.
We have over 10,000 members.
We have 3,000+ restaurants in our database.
We have over 200 growing crowds, the largest with over 1,000 members.
We are revenue generating from 4 proven revenue streams.
We have a relationship with ClickTonight, so can market to its six figure database.
We partnered with companies including including TimeOut. TechCityNews, Eyedea, Taylor Wessing & Startup Direct.
The company is revenue generating and has already proven 3 revenue streams:
1. Affiliate restaurant commissions - we receive a commission per seat booked. Proven.
2. Booking fee - users pay a flat booking fee to join a table. Proven.
3. Coupon model - advance payment for coupon, of which we keep a percentage, which can then be redeemed at the meal. Proven.
4. Sponsorship - sponsorship fees from companies wishing to align their brand with relevant tables and crowds. Proven
There are additional revenue streams plans, including:
- fees from companies selling additional services to relevant crowd members (e.g. taster public speaking or social media sessions at startup dinners with upsell potential - deals already agreed).
TableCrowd provides an intimate networking experience for people to turn online connections into real life relationships.
TableCrowd gives users choice, flexibility and control. We have a seamless booking platform with 3,000+ restaurants, meaning users can either join existing tables or create their own tables, when and where they want and themed to their own preferences.
We are market leader for social dining in the UK and the technology and business model is fully scalable and can be replicated in other jurisdictions.
Relationship with ClickTonight, which has a six figure database that can be converted to site users giving the company a major head start.