Like Journalism, Fashion, Literature and Advertising, Virtual Ovation TV is re-inventing the performing arts for a wired twenty-first century audience. No longer confined to four walls, Virtual Ovation is turning the arts into a live interactive, global experience. The result is an entirely new form of performance that is as spontaneous and risk filled as live theater but which is available, in real time, to anyone, anywhere in the world regardless of class or race, and which actively promotes a passionate exchange of ideas between all members of our audience.
Our last production http://betterleftunsaid.tv had over 50,000 viewers for three performances
An online video innovator, a new media expert, actor and producer, Kathryn’s extensive background in theater, online video, social media and internet marketing has inspired her to create a number of first of their kind live streamed video projects, including Better Left Unsaid Tv, the first of its kind, interactive live stream play. The final weekend of BLU performances was watched by over 50,000 unique viewers from around the world. Previous projects include 35, the first web drama to stream live over the internet. 35 was covered by The New York Times,The Wall Street Journal, Mashable and blogs worldwide, Women Respond to Palin , the first of its kind live webathon which had 17,000 unique views over the 8 hour webathon, and The Crabbo and Jabbo Show, a live interactive talk show.
A new-media consultant, Kathryn worked as Vice-President of Branded and Sponsored Entertainment for online video start-up For Your Imagination, and has spoken about online video and social media at conferences and meet-ups throughout the United States.
- Cement Virtual Ovation TV's reputation as the originator and worldwide leader in creating live streamed narrative content.
- Build a viable, passionate worldwide audience for live-streamed performing arts.
- Further develop our revenue steam for online audiences.
- Create a robust work for hire business, live streaming events for other companies
- Establish a not-for profit arm for live streaming performing arts to schools (if research shows it to be a viable business).
- Create a proprietary live streaming platform Create our own live-streaming platform uniquely tailored to the streaming of the performing arts- aka an open table for the arts(think OpenTable for the performing arts, catering specifically to the needs of performing arts companies and their audiences)
- Actively contribute to the growth of women in leadership roles in all walks of life
A successful multi-camera live-stream of narrative content requires the producers to have a deep understanding of theater, film, television, online-video, social media and live-streaming. Each of these areas of expertise requires years of experience to master. While techies easily take to the concept of live-streaming, they lack the artistic background to produce compelling content. The theater community, while deeply versed in visual storytelling, is notoriously technologically unsophisticated. The strongest barrier to entry for these communities is that they lack the skill set necessary to produce compelling live-streamed content.
In addition a a thorough understanding of the online video market is essential to monetizing the medium. Our years of experience in online video further separate us from any other company with a theatrical background that may be attempting to move into the live-streaming space.