MyNines is a search engine that offers consumers one destination site (and mobile app) to search for online sample sales. MyNines will aggregate content from 25-30 sample sale sites and allow users to filter items by category
sale ending time, most viewed items,
etc. (similar to Kayak.com for travel).
Apar Kothari, Founder & CEO
- Corporate Strategy at Fox Interactive Media, with focus on e-commerce for MySpace
- Venture capitalist with focus on digital media and consumer internet
- M&A and Corporate Development at IBM Corporation
- MBA from Harvard Business School. B.S. in Finance & Marketing from NYU
Gil Moran, Founder & COO
- Top-tier consulting firm with focus on strategy in Media & Entertainment sector
- Marketing and sales roles at Reckitt and Unilever; consumer marketing expertise
- MBA from Harvard Business School. LLB Law from Warwick University (UK)
Bob Gupta, CTO
- Managing Partner, iQubed Solutions, a product development lab (15 employees)
- 20 years of technology management and web development experience
- Product Manager, Visible World
- BS in Electrical Engineering from Temple University
MyNines will have two primary streams of revenue:
1. Commission: lead-generation fee for every sale originating through MyNines.com
2. New Customer Acquisition: flat fee for every new customer that registers with retail partner site
First-mover advantage and signing exclusives with retail site partners.
There are currently no direct competitors (search engines) in the online sample sale space. •Aggregators such as ShopStyle, SheFinds, Like.com, and ShoptItToMe could be potential threats, but are currently focused elsewhere.