Kidlandia is a software platform for next-generation personalization that targets the fragmented market for personalized consumer goods, of which personalized gifts alone are $27B. The Kidlandia platform enables extreme personalization across a wide variety of products, from board games, storybooks, and puzzles, to premium home décor. The customer data the company accumulates through personalization also provides an opportunity for an exceptionally long and profitable lifetime customer value.
Kidlandia launched a showcase product in June 2009 to prove out the model. The first product is canvas wall art of personalized maps. The images will also be test marketed on puzzles, place mats, textiles and vinyl stickers. The company has experienced immediate validation - high demand from channel partners - for several reasons: 1. the personalized product market is growing when most categories are not; 2. no inventory, no markdowns, and no returns on high perceived-value products; and 3. the online portion of the platform can be easily skinned to exploit any valuable character IP.
Kidlandia launches with Pottery Barn Kids, Zazzle, and Fat Brain Toys in September, and has a robust pipeline of national retailers and media. The Company is raising capital to address current demand, refine customer acquisition strategy, and prepare for future expansion.
Brian Backus – Founder & CEO
- Founder & CEO, UBUBU. Raised $9M for “iMac and VW Bug of desktop management” – ZDNET
- President, Qi Spirits, maker of luxury tea liqueurs (www.qispirits.com). Secured global distribution.
- Award-winning Producer at Disney Interactive
- MBA & BA Harvard, MFA USC Film School
Duncan Meech – CTO
- Over 20 years professional software development focused on consumer facing graphical applications
- Senior Engineer at Crackle, Electronic Arts, Broderbund
The Kidlandia platform provides partners with a new suite of products to monetize their character IP and/or distribution channels. Kidlandia is highly capital efficient, with no inventory, negative working capital, and the premium prices of personalized products.