DormNoise is an interactive student calendar system that gives students a series of interconnected personal, student group, and campus-wide calendars to organize all of their student events, and lets them sync everything to the most popular calendar applications and smartphones.
By implementing DormNoise, colleges or universities gain access to a feature set that will dramatically improve:
1. Communication on a campus-wide basis
2. Student organization, engagement, and awareness
3. Student participation in events and student groups
Jay Rodrigues, Founder and CEO
Jay Rodrigues is a 21 year old junior at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. Jay is responsible for leading the development of new features, expanding revenue channels, and overseeing sales, marketing, and operations.
Dan Freeman, Vice President of Sales and Marketing
From 2001 through the Fall of 2009, Dan worked as the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Digital Business Architects, a firm which specializes in helping companies manage technology complexities by providing application development, systems integration, outsourcing services, and IT Consulting. Dan managed a team of 10 salespeople and successfully negotiated multi-million dollar contracts with CTO’s, CIO’s, and Executive Vice Presidents of Fortune 500 Companies, including Wal-Mart, General Mills, Gillette and Ericsson. Over his 9 year stint at Digital Business Architects, Dan increased annual sales revenue from $3.2 million to $16.5 million. Dan has not only proven himself as both an incredible salesman and sales manager, but he also has experience in selling products and services to colleges and universities. Dan is responsible for leading our efforts to contract colleges and universities to use our product.
Dustin Stirpe-Operations Manager
Dustin Stirpe, Director of Operations
Dustin Stirpe, a 24 year old who served in Iraq, graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in finance in May 2009. Dustin is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of DormNoise starting September 1, 2009.
DormNoise has a subscription based, SAAS business model.
· Colleges that wish to use DormNoise must pay a subscription fee of approximately $2 per student per year (see the “DormNoise_Standard_Product_Pricing” document for a complete breakdown of DormNoise pricing).
Dor DormNoise is the only true interactive student calendar system on the market. The only productsthat are similar to DormNoise are uHub, OrgSync, and Collegiate Link:
· uHub is a student event management software with a feature set far less advanced than DormNoise. For example, uHub does not give student organizations their own calendars, has no mobile phone syncing functionality, gives students very little control over what campus events are added to their personal calendars, and does not have an email notification system. Further, uHub is only used on two college campuses: Northwestern University and the University of Maryland.
· Unlike DormNoise, OrgSync is a student organization management software. It has some calendaring functionality (which is inferior to DormNoise in every respect), yet it is an ancillary feature of their product.
· Collegiate Link is an online platform with four different products: StudentLink Groups, Co-Curricular Management, StudentLink Finance, and Career and Graduate Portfolio. StudentLink Groups is the only product that is similar to DormNoise as it is a student organization and event management software. However, unlike DormNoise, StudentLink Groups does not give students much administrative control over their personal calendars, does not allow students to create events with classmates or upload their course schedules/assignment due dates, does not feature mobile phone syncing, and has far less advanced syncing to desktop calendar applications.