codeSpark’s mission is to ignite curiosity about computer science and turn programming into play. The company was inspired by co-founder Grant Hosford’s young daughters, two STEM loving ninja girls who wanted to understand how computers work. codeSpark is backed by Idealab and Kapor Capital. Their award winning virtual world called The Foos teaches the ABC’s of computer science through a combination of structured challenges and creative play.
Characters and gameplay are carefully crafted to be gender neutral. The “no words" interface has allowed kids as young as 4 years old in over 140 countries to play. Geek dad founders Grant Hosford and Joe Shochet are both successful entrepreneurs. Grant is an expert in marketing and customer acquisition and Joe has been building world class kids' experiences for two decades.
- #1 Kids iPad App in 17 countries!
- #1 App for Kids 6-8 in 29 countries
- Parents’ Choice foundation Gold Medal – 2015
- Children’s Technology Review – Editor’s Choice for Design Excellence - 2014
- The LEGO Foundation named codeSpark one of 30 global companies “Re-imagining Learning"
- Verizon Apps for Class Regional Finalist ($45K in prize money so far – final selection of a national winner in the Fall)
- Many Apple features in many countries for:
- Best New Apps
- Top Educational Apps
- Top Apps for Kids 6-8
- Wow Your Kids!
- Best Coding Apps
- And more…
Top Non-Profit Partners:
- Plan Ceibal (distribution to 150,000 K-2 students in Uruguay)
Tablet optimized subscription service. Our curriculum is much deeper than current offerings and our gameplay is addictively fun!
Extensive play testing has led to a game that is very fun to play yet also teaches important computer science concepts. There are no words in the app so early readers and non-english speakers can easily use the app.
NewGen Venture Partners focuses on early-stage startup companies with the most innovative ideas and revolutionary technologies.